DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many ways can you crash a drone? The answer is here ...

Ok, now you are scaring me... I'm in the research stage of buying a drone..

Not to worry, buy your drone. All these silly pilot errors are just that. Practice safe flying and don't try anything stupid.
Accidents can happen but you truly have the control of the drone to stay away from most of these silly incidents.
I've been flying for two years without one. That doesn't mean it can't happen, it just means I pay close attention to the AC.

The forum can give the impression crashes are inevitable and avoidable but that's partially down to the fact people will post their problems looking for assistance whereas many of those who have had no problems at all with the drone won't even have registered here. Many drone crashes are caused by pilot error and a lot of them are easily avoidable, there's a very thorough guide here that's well worth a read through before flying:

I've had the original Mavic and a Mavic 2 since just after their release and I've crashed neither drone nor had any issues with them. I still love flying the drones as well due to their ability to see the landscapes from such a different point of view and at the moment with the leaves turning and the low sun it makes for stunning pictures.

Reactions: A.O.
The forum can give the impression crashes are inevitable and avoidable but that's partially down to the fact people will post their problems looking for assistance whereas many of those who have had no problems at all with the drone won't even have registered here. Many drone crashes are caused by pilot error and a lot of them are easily avoidable, there's a very thorough guide here that's well worth a read through before flying:

I've had the original Mavic and a Mavic 2 since just after their release and I've crashed neither drone nor had any issues with them. I still love flying the drones as well due to their ability to see the landscapes from such a different point of view and at the moment with the leaves turning and the low sun it makes for stunning pictures.
I was only half serious with my post. And your remark above also applies to motorcycles and I've been riding them for about 45 years now without incident!! Knock on wood!;)

And thanks for the link, I'll check it out later.

Driving a car is indeed a good analogy. If you drive a car for the first time as if you were a NASCAR driver, you are likely to crash. Even driving like a normal experienced driver without the experience increases the odds of a crash.

Take it slow, read all of the online users manual and FAA rules, and practice in open fields. Reading the manuals before buying can help you decide which one you want to buy.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark