DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much of a risk is pollen?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

And I mean this cotton ball type pollen. The air (not the Mavic, the actual air) was full of it even at 60m. I thought I heard the motors rev up more than usual a couple of times. I kept it close just in case. But how much of a risk is this?
IMG_20190523_184307.jpg

I personally wouldn't fly in thick airborne pollen, but I am also extremely an@l about where I fly. The less junk that gets sucked into the drone, around the gimbal, etc. the better in my mind. DJI's drones can handle quite a lot but it's never good to test it in my opinion ;)

And I mean this cotton ball type pollen. The air (not the Mavic, the actual air) was full of it even at 60m. I thought I heard the motors rev up more than usual a couple of times. I kept it close just in case. But how much of a risk is this?
View attachment 73247

Getting a lot of the fluffy stuff flying around on the east coast of England at the mo. Only through the day though, nothing in the evening when I fly.

Agree with CD’s comment though, don’t want crap clogging up inside my M2

It was such a pleasant afternoon, the first decent day we had in nearly two weeks. I am weak and I gave in. But you guys are right, it can't be good.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
That's a new one on me. The good thing about pollen is that usually it only lasts a few days. Are those (what we call here in Texas) Cottonwood trees?

That's a new one on me. The good thing about pollen is that usually it only lasts a few days. Are those (what we call here in Texas) Cottonwood trees?
I have no clue what they are called. My English completely fails me when it comes to tree names. Whatever they are, they are a complete nuisance when they decide to procreate.

I have no clue what they are called. My English completely fails me when it comes to tree names. Whatever they are, they are a complete nuisance when they decide to procreate.

Leaving our back door open this time of year, bad mistake... we get clumps of white cotton wool fluff everywhere? pain in the backside.. I wonder if it’s airborne, say 200ft.... but we’ve got to fly fly through it to get to that height?

Have you posted it, would be an interesting watch??
No, I watched the clips and I hated myself.I didn't get one shot right. I was too cautious, I kept the Mavic Air too close and there isn't one shot that is worth posting.

No, I watched the clips and I hated myself.I didn't get one shot right. I was too cautious, I kept the Mavic Air too close and there isn't one shot that is worth posting.

Thought I’d ask, gutted for ya that you didn’t get a decent shot? you learn by your mistakes, oh I make plenty of them?

Thought I’d ask, gutted for ya that you didn’t get a decent shot? you learn by your mistakes, oh I make plenty of them?
Look at this for example, it was a nice scene. Get lower follow along from a respectable distance, how hard can that be? But what do I do? I stick it up there like a freaking tripod! Atrocious! Oh and, you can see a few of them cotton balls zip by :)

Reactions: Porky
Look at this for example, it was a nice scene. Get lower follow along from a respectable distance, how hard can that be? But what do I do? I stick it up there like a freaking tripod! Atrocious! Oh and, you can see a few of them cotton balls zip by :)

Practice makes perfect, as they say, I used to do vids years ago with my old phantom 2 and my Inspire 1 but not done any with the mavic as yet. I’m more interested in the photography side at the mo but no doubt I’ll give vids another try.

I know you wasn’t happy with your video but it looked nice a sharp, colours, cracking so it’s just getting more familiarised with the controls, it will all come together ??

Yes I can see it more in that vid, unbelievable..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler