DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much video can be recorded in a single clip on Mavic mini

Craig Notts

Reactions
On my longer flights the length of the clip always seems to stop at 13m 38 seconds , ,after that it puts it on a separate clip. That's recording on 2.7 k. Is this the max length you can do on one.
So I then edited the 2 clips for that flight together on the app but when I downloaded them onto my laptop they still came through on 2 separate clips..
How do you download the clips that you have edited or altered

On my longer flights the length of the clip always seems to stop at 13m 38 seconds , ,after that it puts it on a separate clip. That's recording on 2.7 k. Is this the max length you can do on one.
So I then edited the 2 clips for that flight together on the app but when I downloaded them onto my laptop they still came through on 2 separate clips..
no matter how long your flight is the recording will always be like that because of the way the system works ,to join them on your computer you will need some sort of editing program

It may be the 4GB file size limit on your IOS device.

the file size is governed by the cameras file size limit that is built into the operating system in the drone, because of the way it stores the image, if you use 4k the time per segment will be less than 10-80p as the amount of info in the image varies according to the resolution used

Reactions: Thomas B and WooZie
Not related in any way to the iOS or Android nonDJI controlling device. It is the 4GB file size limit impose
D by DJI.
Actually the 4GB limit isn't imposed by DJI either, it is a limitation of the internal AVI file memory addressing being 32bit (regardless of OS or processor)- 2^32=4GB.

Reactions: old man mavic
Actually the 4GB limit isn't imposed by DJI either, it is a limitation of the internal AVI file memory addressing being 32bit (regardless of OS or processor)- 2^32=4GB.
No argument. My point is that it is unrelated to the phone, etc. I have the same 4GB breaks on my CS recording and must join in post if needed.

Not related in any way to the iOS or Android nonDJI controlling device. It is the 4GB file size limit impose
D by DJI.
it is not DJI the limit is imposed by the FAT32 filesystem.. it is very common to impose those to ensure maximum compatibility with sdcards, and sdcard readers even if it is fat34ext.

it is not DJI the limit is imposed by the FAT32 filesystem.. it is very common to impose those to ensure maximum compatibility with sdcards, and sdcard readers even if it is fat34ext.
That being the case how might you account for the limitation persisting when using ExFat?

It is the AVI file container which is limited to 32bit internal pointer addressing. The limitation will persist regardless of what file system is employed on the storage volume.

Reactions: Thomas B
That being the case how might you account for the limitation persisting when using ExFat?

It is the AVI file container which is limited to 32bit internal pointer addressing. The limitation will persist regardless of what file system is employed on the storage volume.
mmmmmmm you learn something everyday.... thanks.

o answer your question:
I record at 1080 P. I usually get 4 GB+ files, with up to 15 minutes each... if you have a 32 GB card your recording time at those resolutions would be approximately 2 hrs. 2K would be half of it, but I have no tried it. You can always stitch the files there are tools for that, or using an movie editor software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arm1