DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How my flight went today

Shon

Reactions
1. I've arrived bright an early. Just a few miles of hiking until I reach my launch spot. :)
2. I've arrived! Wait... My phone is dead! Fortunately, I brought a portable charger. It was 100% when I started...must have been "on" in my pocket or something... :(
3. Two Hawks are circling the area. No big deal...got to charge my phone battery anyway. I'll just have a snack and enjoy the beautiful view. ?
4. Phone Battery charged...oh wait...now a couple of paramotor pilots show up to have some fun. Maybe they will scare away the hawks? :rolleyes:
5. Paramotor pilots gone. Hawks gone... time to fly my drone!:D
6. Wait...the hawks are back...they are circling above me...are they going to attack from the angle of the Sun? ?
7. NO! it's not the hawks I have to worry about...a sparrow is attacking my drone! It thinks my Mavic Air is some tasty insects or something! Abort...Abort! ?
8. I've been here over an hour. I have to go! I have an afternoon appointment...maybe squeeze in one more flight? Wait? Is that a bi-plane? ?

Might have gotten 10 minutes in the air...maybe less...oh well...at least it was a beautiful hike!

Now thats a drone report. I love the play by play!
A sparrow is no match for the Mavic Air. I was waiting for the feather catastrophe. Glad thier was'nt one as there is no emoji to include to indicate it. :)

My first few attempts at flight were eerily similar. At first I was worried about the birds, especially buzzards and such, but now I just think about how this thing must appear to them... I've heard stories of birds chasing drones, but when it comes to to the MA, I doubt a bird wants to dive head first in to a swarm of bees.

Reactions: Shon
Now thats a drone report. I love the play by play!
A sparrow is no match for the Mavic Air. I was waiting for the feather catastrophe. Glad thier was'nt one as there is no emoji to include to indicate it. :)

The drone is still fairly new to me.
My first few attempts at flight were eerily similar. At first I was worried about the birds, especially buzzards and such, but now I just think about how this thing must appear to them... I've heard stories of birds chasing drones, but when it comes to to the MA, I doubt a bird wants to dive head first in to a swarm of bees.

I’ve flow. Before in the same area. I was using a larger drone, the birds kept their distance. This time a bird flew directly at it, circling just inches away. I flew the drone away. When the bird was gone, I attempting to send it back for the same spot ( attempting to capture footage of a waterfall) and either the same bird or another went at it again.

Freakin' sparrows love my MA. They are in almost every video I shoot. They keep up too. I'm glad none of them have actually hit my MA though.

Reactions: Shon
My MA has been attacked by Crows, Hawks, Sparrows & Bees.... lol

I seriously am starting to believe this thing is a bird magnet. I can start of flying...no birds in sight...and they show up like moths to a flame. I seriously think it is the sound this thing makes...like a swarm of locus...its like I am throwing up an "all you can eat" buffet sign! It also isn't large enough to deter larger birds. Had a Hawk dive on my drone last weekend.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15