DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How resilient are the motors?

Jameslavis

Reactions
Was landing the air and as it touched down one prop hit a shoe that I was using to hold Down the landing pad

Did three quick stutters. Looked it over and did another test flight. Now any motor stoppage can be bad but should I be worried? Or are these ones pretty resilient?

The motors are maintenance free & rated for thousands of hours. I wouldn't worry about the motors unless you spin them & they are not spinning freely.

Take off the prop and inspect the tabs inside of the propeller hub. Make sure all 3 are still attached and try to move them around with your finger to make sure they're solid. Then push down and turn and make sure the prop still locks into position and that the Spring wasn't damaged in any way.

f153dc53768c5a60ec03ce9d2063521c.jpg

U should be good ....those brushless motors will typically outlast everything on that bird.... just like thunder said make sure there's no bits in bell housing of motor or making contact with copper windings.... if not you should be good to go..... the motors typically stop when the propellers hit something anyway it's a safety feature

Was landing the air and as it touched down one prop hit a shoe that I was using to hold Down the landing pad

Did three quick stutters. Looked it over and did another test flight. Now any motor stoppage can be bad but should I be worried? Or are these ones pretty resilient?
I don't think you will worry too much after watching this. DJI Mavic Air crash tests!

How's the shoe ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu