DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to a Hyperlapse After Cancel

Planet_Earth

Reactions
Was doing a hyperlapse when low-battery warning came on and forced M2P down and cancelled hyperlapse without processing.

Anyway to process the images?

Assuming you saved the images, just do it on your computer as normal.

Not that I know of, other than possibly in post processing if you can get the images.
I shoot a lot of hyperlapse. If you cancel RTH and wit hyperlapse the the drone will process the sequence. Then return and land... might be able to do it while in transit, but haven’t tried it.

If the images were saved on the card (either by having the option to save turned on, or it didn't delete the images due to the premature ending of the hyperlapse process), then you can create a video with them using any time-lapse photography application.

I use LRTimelapse and they have a free introductory version that is lacking features, but will at least put together a video from a string of images. There are probably simpler ones though.

Chris

So, I found that the Magic did synthesize the video before landing, but I didn't notice that it did it, which is nice.

But, I would like to slow the time lapse down.

@Not A Speck Of Cereal Thank you for the suggestion! I downloaded LRTimelapse, but video editing is new to me, and am having trouble rendering a video that plays slower.

@Not A Speck Of Cereal Thank you for the suggestion! I downloaded LRTimelapse, but video editing is new to me, and am having trouble rendering a video that plays slower.

Have you tried the Speed option (screen shot below)? The cool thing about LRTimelapse is that it's not even an editor, so you can just create a video from within the interface just using the individual DNGs (even without keyframe editing in Lightroom, though that's best).

I have to admit though, I've never used the speed option, so if it's giving you grief, I'm not sure what the remedy is. It is it that it works, but you don't like the resulting video?

Chris

Reactions: Planet_Earth
I have to admit though, I've never used the speed option, so if it's giving you grief, I'm not sure what the remedy is. It is it that it works, but you don't like the resulting video?

It's that after I rendered it, no video was created.

But, I haven't had much time to sit with it recently to try again.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    79.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It's that after I rendered it, no video was created.

But, I haven't had much time to sit with it recently to try again.
One thing that frustrates me with LRtimelapse is that it often puts things in different places, often in the folder of the project you worked on last.

So I would look around. Or at least next time you render, click the checkbox on the bottom left named "Show in Explorer", which will cause it to pop up a Windows Explorer wherever the video was written to, when finished.

Mine are usually created in the same folder that the SRC files are in, or the parent of where it writes the TIF or JPG intermediates. See the "Output File" path up near the top of the Render Video dialog.

Chris
timelapse

One thing that frustrates me with LRtimelapse is that it often puts things in different places, often in the folder of the project you worked on last.

So I would look around. Or at least next time you render, click the checkbox on the bottom left named "Show in Explorer", which will cause it to pop up a Windows Explorer wherever the video was written to, when finished.

Mine are usually created in the same folder that the SRC files are in, or the parent of where it writes the TIF or JPG intermediates. See the "Output File" path up near the top of the Render Video dialog.

Chris
timelapse

I've find some time to work with it some more, and you are correct about the files being placed in different locations, but I am more familiar with the interface and how it operates now. Although the free version is limited to 200 images, it is doing what I am looking for. Thank you again for the suggestion.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute