DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to adjust aperture with Mavic 3?

fer

Reactions
Dear all, with my mp2 and SC1 , the right wheel was to adjust aperture, giving me the chance to adjust light conditions.

Yesterday I received my M3 basic budle and I have no idea how to do the same, cause there is only one wheel to tilt the camera.

Even with the SC2 right wheel adjust the zoom.

Anyone knows how to adjust aperture with this new bird?

Thanks!

Dear all, with my mp2 and SC1 , the right wheel was to adjust aperture, giving me the chance to adjust light conditions.

Yesterday I received my M3 basic budle and I have no idea how to do the same, cause there is only one wheel to tilt the camera.

Even with the SC2 right wheel adjust the zoom.

Anyone knows how to adjust aperture with this new bird?

Thanks!
Its done onscreen... use the Pro menu in the lower right corner of the DJI Fly app. Aperture is one of the settings you can change there. Its not nearly as convenient as the old way.

One of the "downgrades" that comes with the M3 (compared to the M2) which has a MUCH more advanced standard controller. With the M2P the right scroll wheel can control aperture. With the M2Z it controls zoom. With the M3... No right zoom wheel so the best you can do is try to be smooth with your finger. And then $1200 for the compatible smart controller ala carte? If you're like me, everything is smoother and easier when it can be controlled at the controller and so much more clumsy on the phone as you have to take your hand off the controller to do the command on screen, and not smoothly at all at that. Does anyone else here, considering the huge bump in price, find this outrageous?

Last edited:
No right zoom wheel so the best you can do is try to be smooth with your finger.
You can use the left scroll wheel to zoom while holding the function button on the standard controller and the right scroll wheel on the new smart controller to zoom...... but the loss of the scroll function for aperture is a big one. I would hope that they at least add it back on a function toggle for the smart controller in a future update.

You can use the left scroll wheel to zoom while holding the function button on the standard controller and the right scroll wheel on the new smart controller to zoom...... but the loss of the scroll function for aperture is a big one. I would hope that they at least add it back on a function toggle for the smart controller in a future update.
Damm it, I was thinking to buy the new SC, but without the possibility to add this function, don’t know…..

Yes a wheel for aperture would be nice. That said, I noticed in the specs that the Mavic 3 has automatic exposure bracketing (AEB). In addition to 12 stops and dlog this capability allows even more capability to get extraordinary dynamic range in post using exposure stacking.

Reactions: zeusfl and fer
One of the "downgrades" that comes with the M3 (compared to the M2) which has a MUCH more advanced standard controller. With the M2P the right scroll wheel can control aperture. With the M2Z it controls zoom. With the M3... No right zoom wheel so the best you can do is try to be smooth with your finger. And then $1200 for the compatible smart controller ala carte? If you're like me, everything is smoother and easier when it can be controlled at the controller and so much more clumsy on the phone as you have to take your hand off the controller to do the command on screen, and not smoothly at all at that. Does anyone else here, considering the huge bump in price, find this outrageous?
I certainly do and I won't currently buy the M3 for that reason (even though I WAS tempted)!

Reactions: fer
I certainly do and I won't currently buy the M3 for that reason (even though I WAS tempted)!
It's always tempting to buy the bestest/latest/greatest. Were we able to sell our older M2s and move up to the M3's for a reasonable amount of money it would probably be worth it, but I'm still bugged by the limited functions on the standard controller. No second scroll wheel nor C1/C2 buttons? And not for a small number of $hundred$ more... but a ton more money, when one of the components is a downgrade. Seriously?

Reactions: Point Zero
Yes I do.... it's a Money Grab by DJI. they just don't care and I don't like the small screen on the Pro Controller. I will hold out for the Mavic 4!

Reactions: Point Zero
Let's face one thing. The more functionality you can get without taking your fingers off the sticks the smoother you will fly in some situations. Sure, you can take hold down the function key and scroll... but can you operate the left stick while holding down the button and scrolling? If you can it will be a contortionists trick. And, at least for me, anything I can do on the controller rather than on the screen will make the flying smoother if the actions are needed in flight. The right scroll wheel, the C1/C2 buttons are such great features... and offered on the SC...BUT THEY WERE OFFERED AS PART OF THE BASIC M2 already. IMO DJI GOT GREEDY supplying a controller that didn't have the exceptional functionality of the model they were replacing. Saying that "you can upgrade to the smart controller" (for $1200) is no excuse for not matching functionality of the M2's standard controller.

Reactions: fer and Point Zero
Let's face one thing. The more functionality you can get without taking your fingers off the sticks the smoother you will fly in some situations. Sure, you can take hold down the function key and scroll... but can you operate the left stick while holding down the button and scrolling? If you can it will be a contortionists trick. And, at least for me, anything I can do on the controller rather than on the screen will make the flying smoother if the actions are needed in flight. The right scroll wheel, the C1/C2 buttons are such great features... and offered on the SC...BUT THEY WERE OFFERED AS PART OF THE BASIC M2 already. IMO DJI GOT GREEDY supplying a controller that didn't have the exceptional functionality of the model they were replacing. Saying that "you can upgrade to the smart controller" (for $1200) is no excuse for not matching functionality of the M2's standard controller.
I couldn't agree with you more. The controller you get with the Mavic 3 is a major step backwards. It just doesn't make any sense other than increasing profits at the expense of customer satisfaction and functionality.

Reactions: UAVquadman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1