DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to charge Mavic Mini controller

Zuellflier

Reactions
Hello from Western MA. I just got at Mavic Mini for Christmas and have a question about charging. Does the controller also need to be charged in addition to the aircraft? If yes, how do I charge it with the cables provided?

Meaning no offence but your asking this question suggests to me you need to read the manual BEFORE you go any further, it can be down loaded from Mavic Mini - Downloads - DJI
Page 26 is relevant to your query but please go through the whole thing.
I am not being nasty by not giving you a direct answer, it's just I think the answer provided will be of more benefit to you.

Reactions: Thomas B
Thank you both for the assistance. I had the usb charging cable upside down and because it's a slightly different shape than the charging port for the controller I just assumed it wouldn't work. I flipped it upside down and it now sees to be charging. I've got two lights blinking ayway. So it seems to be working. I did download the the user manual and read it cover to cover, so thank you for that. BTW I did fly it successfully before charging and was thrilled with the performance. Thanks againl,
Zuellflier.

Reactions: Thomas B
Ahhhhh be careful of that 'odd' socket on the controller. I should have thought to say be careful of the plug orientation
The socket is mUSB style A and the actual shell of the socket obviously does accept the more frequently encountered mUSB style B plugs as well as the 'proper' mUSB style A plugs ( amongst the cables supplied with the drone this plug type is found only on the controller to phone cables). Obviously it is 'fully' compatible with a style B plug if the style B plug is the correct way up but I fear doing damage to pin lug in the socket if the style B plug is the wrong way up.
Still, since you have been caught out by this peculiarity I doubt you will be caught out by it again.

I HATE these tiny connectors lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie