DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to check for gimbal damage?

You need to be more gentle with your movements. Your gimbal takes a little longer than normal to recenter, but yawing like that makes it hard for the gimbal to keep up.

Do you think i should return it because of this slowness?

You mentioned that you smacked the *** out of your gimbal with your phone and now you want to return the Mavic. Did you buy DJI Refresh or have any other damage insurance? An insurance claim would be the honest thing to do.

You mentioned that you smacked the *** out of your gimbal with your phone and now you want to return the Mavic. Did you buy DJI Refresh or have any other damage insurance?

My insurance covers the drone but I don’t think the hit caused the damage and i may have exaggarated a bit because i was scared.

You could do a gimbal calibration, IMU calibration, controller calibration, and obstacle avoidance sensor calibration. Thats what I would do first. That might take care of any roll or yaw drift, and might help the gimbal keep up with the drone.

It's a good idea to do these every once in a while if the drone is not flying the way it used to, or you are getting any type of aircraft or gimbal drift. Also you might try to reset camera settings. This way you will be starting with a clean slate.
I did everything you suggested and it's not any better. Any other solutions? @Thunderdrones

If you're not happy with the way it's performing, it's time to have a repair shop look at it.

What do you think causes the slow correction? I might try repairing it myself. I don’t want to pay hundreds for repairing a drone i got yeaterday.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan