DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to color correct and edit photos quickly and efficiently.

I haven't kept up with the latest software but as a photographer for over 50 years it has been my experience that most automated processes aren't very good. One reason is that making adjustments for brightness, saturation, contrast, color etc. is a matter of personal preference. If you have numerous images that need the same adjustments or corrections then batch editing in PhotoShop or similar can save time where you record the adjustments used for one image and apply them via automation to a batch of others, but if you want software to automatically find the best adjustments for images whether numerous or few I expect you will be disappointed. I don't see how that's really possible.
I would tend to agree with that and I'm definitely a want to control what the software does type, but some of the "AI" based software that has come out such as Luminar seems to be able to do an amazingly good job!

I would tend to agree with that and I'm definitely a want to control what the software does type, but some of the "AI" based software that has come out such as Luminar seems to be able to do an amazingly good job!
That may well be true and it would be very welcome. That which software can do seems to increase over time. I have personally seen PhotoShop's capabilities expand since I began using it back at version 2.

I think there will likely always be differences in personal preferences, however, as to what is the best or preferred rendering of any given image might be and until software can learn our individual preferences--which incidentally tend to evolve over time so they are something of a moving target--human discretion and oversight of image processing will be necessary. Perhaps less and less as time goes by.

Affinity Photo. A lot cheaper than Photoshop, and almost as capable. Currently $35 CDN for a perpetual license (not rental like Photoshop).

I know people who swear by Luminar, although I haven't used it myself. Less control than other apps, but the 'ai' does a decent job most of the time. Skylum used to sell an app specializing in drone shots, but that seems to no longer be available.

That may well be true and it would be very welcome. That which software can do seems to increase over time. I have personally seen PhotoShop's capabilities expand since I began using it back at version 2.

I think there will likely always be differences in personal preferences, however, as to what is the best or preferred rendering of any given image might be and until software can learn our individual preferences--which incidentally tend to evolve over time so they are something of a moving target--human discretion and oversight of image processing will be necessary. Perhaps less and less as time goes by.
Definetly! I don't use Luminar or any AI based editor. I want to edit my photos the way I think they should be edited.

Affinity Photo. A lot cheaper than Photoshop, and almost as capable. Currently $35 CDN for a perpetual license (not rental like Photoshop).

I know people who swear by Luminar, although I haven't used it myself. Less control than other apps, but the 'ai' does a decent job most of the time. Skylum used to sell an app specializing in drone shots, but that seems to no longer be available.

I use Affinity and love it. Great software for a greater price. ? It's downfalling though is editing large numbers of photos efficiently. Still nowhere near LR or similar software in terms of efficiency.

I use Affinity and love it. Great software for a greater price. ? It's downfalling though is editing large numbers of photos efficiently. Still nowhere near LR or similar software in terms of efficiency.
It's a Photoshop replacement, not an Aperture/Lightroom replacement.

I have hopes that the company will come up with an Aperture-style* photo management application. They did a good job with Photo, Designer, and Publisher, so I'm confident that they would make a good DAM app if they wanted to.

*I know most people used Lightroom, but Apple got there first with Aperture.

I use luminar. You can save your own presets as ‘looks’ and you can apply them as layers on your photos.

Lumiar AI is surprisingly good for photos, still need to tweak though. . . Ultimately you'll only ever really cherish a few of those shots. I'd try to just pick those and dump the rest. Save tons of time editing but, the real benefit, you will actually find and enjoy the "greats" instead of sifting through 100s and not even seeing the special ones.

Lumiar AI is surprisingly good for photos, still need to tweak though. . . Ultimately you'll only ever really cherish a few of those shots. I'd try to just pick those and dump the rest. Save tons of time editing but, the real benefit, you will actually find and enjoy the "greats" instead of sifting through 100s and not even seeing the special ones.
I fully agree on this

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi