HOW TO: Copy TXT flight logs from DJI RC remote controller

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Follow these instructions to copy TXT flight logs from the DJI RC remote controller to a memory card:
  1. Power on the DJI RC remote controller.

2. Open the door on the bottom of remote controller labeled HOST/MICRO SD and insert a memory card.

3. Swipe down with your finger from the top of the remote controller screen two times to access the Quick Settings screen.

4. Tap the nut icon at the top right corner to access the Settings screen.

01.jpg

5. Tap Storage.

02.jpg

6. Tap Internal shared storage.

03.jpg

7. Tap Music & audio.

04.jpg

8. Tap Audio files.

05.jpg

9. Tap the three dots menu icon at the top right and tap Show internal storage.

Note: This menu item will show Hide internal storage if the internal storage is already visible.

201.jpg

10. Tap the three lines menu icon at the top left to access the Files screen.

06.jpg

11. Tap DJI RC near the bottom of the Files list.

06A.jpg

12. Navigate to the DJI RC\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord folder.

07.jpg

08.jpg

13. Select the TXT files you’d like to copy by tapping and holding each file. A blue check mark will appear after a file has been selected. Or tap the three dots menu icon at the top right and tap Select all to select all files.

09.jpg

14. Tap the three dots menu icon at the right and tap Copy to….

10.jpg

15. Tap the memory card from the Copy to… list.
    Note: Your memory card might be named something other than android if it was not formatted from the DJI RC remote controller.

11.jpg

16. Tap the Copy button from the bottom right to copy the selected TXT files to the root of the memory card.

12.jpg

17. Remove the memory card from the remote controller and insert it into the device where you’d like to transfer the TXT files.

At this point, you can view the flight log content from log viewers like Flight Reader or the free online TXT log viewer.

Last edited:
I haven't found a way to transfer them via USB yet.

Follow these instructions to copy TXT flight logs from the DJI RC remote controller to a memory card:
  1. Power on the DJI RC remote controller.

2. Open the door on the bottom of remote controller labeled HOST/MICRO SD and insert a memory card.

3. Swipe down with your finger from the top of the remote controller screen two times to access the Quick Settings screen.

4. Tap the nut icon at the top right corner to access the Settings screen.

5. Tap Storage.

6. Tap Internal shared storage.

7. Tap Music & audio.

8. Tap Audio files.

9. Tap the three dots menu icon at the top right and tap Show internal storage.

10. Tap the three lines menu icon at the top left to access the Files screen.

11. Tap DJI RC near the bottom of the Files list.

12. Navigate to the DJI RC\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord folder.

View attachment 150016

View attachment 150017

13. Select the TXT files you’d like to copy by tapping and holding each file. A blue check mark will appear after a file has been selected. Or tap the three dots menu icon at the top right and tap Select all to select all files.

View attachment 150018

14. Tap the three dots menu icon at the right and tap Copy to….

View attachment 150019

15. Tap the memory card from the Copy to… list.

View attachment 150020

16. Tap the Copy button from the bottom right to copy the selected TXT files to the root of the memory card.

Not u
    View attachment 150021

17. Remove the memory card from the remote controller and insert it into the device where you’d like to transfer the TXT files.

At this point, you can view the flight log content from log viewers like Flight Reader or the free online TXT log viewer.

Not sure of the files have moved, but mine are under:

DJI RC -> Android -> data -> dji.go.v5 -> files -> FlightRecord

Not sure of the files have moved, but mine are under:

DJI RC -> Android -> data -> dji.go.v5 -> files -> FlightRecord
I don't think anything has changed. That's the same location I mentioned above.

Update you can now access this from a computer via USB. I did this just now on a windows 10 machine with a USB-C to USB-A cable.

It also works easily with a Mac laptop. I have an older Mac laptop and just use a USB-C to USB3 cable and it mounts the RC PRO as an external HD which I can then navigate to the directory mentioned above for the text logs.

Chris

Just got my Mini 3 Pro out for its first flight and looking for flight log file but I don't see DJI RC -> Android -> data -> dji.go.v5 -> files -> FlightRecord. I can get to the 'files' directory but there is no FlightRecord folder or file after that. The folders are DCIM, DJI, Editor, mastershot and MediaCaches. Any idea?

Edit: Nevermind, I was on the SD card and not the RC controller storage.

I have successfully retrieved the flight log from my Mini 4 (filename: DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-18_[14-43-06].txt) .. Thanks for the hints above!

But that old stalwart, TXTlogToCSVtool, does not seem to work on this file. Is there an alternative? (CSView, for example, just calls TXTlogToCSVtool).

Mike

Reactions: IronSpear
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+