DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to copy video files from mavic drone and/or iphone

ObieYello

Reactions
i am the noobiest of noobies. i flew my drone the other day, and after i got home, took the memory chip out of the drone, found nothing on it! there is video and photos on my iphone, but how to get them copied to my computer? and is there a way to record the videos and jpegs to my drone's on-board chip? that would be easiest. thanks in advance, hope this isn't too stupid.

Might help to tell us what drone do you have ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
You have to tell the M2P to record to the SD card you inserted. Also be sure the drone recognizes it by checking in preferences.

Note that there's an M2 zoom, and an M2 Pro. We all wish there was an M2 Pro with 4x continuous zoom.

If you managed to record to the AC's 8GB internal storage, you can connect the AC to your PC using a USB C cable with the AC powered on, and the internal storage should show up as a drive as if the AC was an external HD.

Go app usually will detect when an SD has appeared and offer to switch saving recordings to the SD. If the SD appears missing, Go will offer to switch to internal.

i am the noobiest of noobies. i flew my drone the other day, and after i got home, took the memory chip out of the drone, found nothing on it! there is video and photos on my iphone, but how to get them copied to my computer? and is there a way to record the videos and jpegs to my drone's on-board chip? that would be easiest. thanks in advance, hope this isn't too stupid.
It seems like you may not have hit the video record button. You need to see the flashing red dot to be sure it is recording. If you have recorded, the file should be found on the SD card under DCIM.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS