DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

how to disable cargo mode

rscheff

Reactions
How do I disable "cargo mode". I recently changed all the props and now Mavic Mini will not let me go above 98 feet. It says I have propeller guards on.

3 dot menu top RHS of the screen -> safety -> scroll down to and enter advanced settings -> scroll down to payload mode

However, are you certain the new props are good and undeformed?
Is the drone carrying extra weight?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already tried that, sorry I forgot to mention that. One of the error msgs. said I was flying with propeller guards on thats why I thought it had something to do with the props. The screen shows it is off and I toggled it on and off. I am not flying in a restricted zone, the props are brand new and I had flown it yesterday, in same spot, without a problem. I have recently been having a lot of strange problems. I flew it 8 times yesterday and only 2 flight records were recorded. Yesterday was not the only time this has happened. The worst thing was about 2 weeks ago it went into the fast beeping, auto landing and it was not in a good spot. I had to struggle to get it back to me. I was at an altitude of 67 feet, distance of 78 feet, with 90% battery, when auto landing initiated. My RTH is set for 140 feet so if I had initiated RTH by accident I was beyond the 20m distance and my battery was fully charged, so the drone should have gone to 140 feet and back to me. I was in an airport blue zone but I fly in the same zone all the time and had already flown 5 times before this happened. I also go through the GEO zone check list every time I fly. I have contacted DJI about this and sent them the flight logs and they said their senior analysts would look at it but they wanted me to send them the drone and controller. I don't know how long they would have it so I opted to not send it. But now in lieu of this recent development I might have to. Well thanks for the info, I will try it again today and see if anything changes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210825-153637[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20210825-153637[1].jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 5
Post the logs on here, there are some wizards who may go through them.

I have already posted them. Like I said some people swear that I hit the RTH button, some people say it was because I was flying in a restricted zone. I have already explained why I believe neither of these scenarios to be true. The latest comment is on the lines that I believe is what might have happened. I was flying with the "Dronelink" program and you can't have both Dronelink and DJI Fly running at same time. I start with the manual take off with toggle switches put to outside and once in the air I establish a home base and I execute the Dronelink mission. I have somewhere around 300 hours with this program. I am a Beta tester, so I first gave the scenario to Dronelink and they said that their program is not allowed to mess with any of the emergency protocol in DJI Fly. So as I said, I contacted DJI and they pretty much said it sounded like a glitch (my word not theirs) in their program and they would have their senior analysts look at the flight record. That was back 2 weeks ago and I have not heard a word since. I even initiated a new contact a week ago with no response. For some reason that one flight out of 6 it was determined by the software that an automatic landing needed to be made. I have experimented with making an automatic land right where the drone is, and the only way I could was to fly the drone to 0% power. I was only 2 feet off ground right in front of me and somewhere around ten seconds after reaching 0% and forcing the crone to stay up, did it take complete control and land. There was no way that I could create this except the way I did it, no button to push to make it happen. The term "Auto Landing" is insufficient to explain what it did because every time you hit the RTH button and land the drone, where you want, is recorded as auto landing. This should actually be labeled as "emergency Landing" because that is what it is doing, landing wherever it can, not going home and landing. This should not be happening with 90% battery and flying in the blue zone, a mile and half from airport.

Attachments

• 8-8-21 forced landing DL.txt
    354.2 KB · Views: 4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242