DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to disable Landing protection?

I played a bit with the 2 sensors. They must be some kind of radar. Some thick tape, like Gorilla tape, will stop the sensors from seeing anything, but thinner tape, like the good old grey Duck tape, will still make the MM react, but closer to the ground.
All you have to do is find the type of tape that fits your altitude needs.
The Duck tape was perfect for me when flying above streams. The ripples of the water were driving MM crazy. With Duck tape, it was able to maintain its distance without reacting from the ripples.

Last edited:
"HOW TO DISABLE LANDING PROTECTION?"

In the settings in Litchi, you can turn on/off the Mini's bottom sensors, Proximity and/or Visual. Sort of puts it in ATTI Mode but with GPS positioning. So outside flying it stops by GPS rather than coasting like when indoors with no GPS. Just remember to turn the sensors back on.

I think you also have the sensors on/off option with both Red Waypoints and with DroneLink apps. Haven't used them lately but all 3 are great apps for the mini. Just having problems remembering what app does what best and what I had for breakfast...

@FlyoverDRN The proximity sensors are infra red based. I'm pretty sure one of them is a transmitter and the other a receiver. Thin tape will attenuate the signal a bit. Thick tape will block all the light from the transmitter.

Reactions: FlyoverDRN
@FlyoverDRN The proximity sensors are infra red based. I'm pretty sure one of them is a transmitter and the other a receiver. Thin tape will attenuate the signal a bit. Thick tape will block all the light from the transmitter.
Thanks for the clarification scro.

Reactions: scro
Hi All,

I know this is an old post but it is possible to turn off landing protection if you are using the Litchi App. (At least on Android)

Cheers!

What do you mean by landing protections ? The bottom sensors ? I don't think it is possible (even on Litchi)

What do you mean by landing protections ? The bottom sensors ? I don't think it is possible (even on Litchi)
In Litchi v2.9.1 for the Mavic Mini, you can turn either Landing Protection or Visual Positioning System (VPS) on/off.

A word of caution: It appears the setting remains set and if you exit out of Litchi and fly with the DJI Fly App, the VPS and Landing protection stays off and if you want it on just go back to Litchi and turn on. The other option is to just use Litchi as your default app as it has so many more options than the Fly app.

Litchi v2.9.1 - VPS_Landing.PNG

In Litchi v2.9.1 for the Mavic Mini, you can turn either Landing Protection or Visual Positioning System (VPS) on/off.

A word of caution: It appears the setting remains set and if you exit out of Litchi and fly with the DJI Fly App, the VPS and Landing protection stays off and if you want it on just go back to Litchi and turn on. The other option is to just use Litchi as your default app as it has so many more options than the Fly app.

View attachment 120820
this is very interesting... Thanks !

View attachment 120820

I'll take up this topic again.
Mini is supported only since Litchi v.4.18.0 (currently 4.19.0-beta) and this has NO settings for disabling the position sensors.
How did you manage to connect your Mini with the old Litchi version 2.9.1 (release year 2016)?

I'll take up this topic again.
Mini is supported only since Litchi v.4.18.0 (currently 4.19.0-beta) and this has NO settings for disabling the position sensors.
How did you manage to connect your Mini with the old Litchi version 2.9.1 (release year 2016)?
2.9.1 is the latest for iOS. 4.19.0-beta is the latest for android. The version numbers are different from one system to another.

In other words, 2.9.1 mentioned in a previous post is not an old version of the 4.19.0-beta.

Yes, it's confusing....

Reactions: EyesWideShut
2.9.1 is the latest for iOS. 4.19.0-beta is the latest for android. The version numbers are different from one system to another.

In other words, 2.9.1 mentioned in a previous post is not an old version of the 4.19.0-beta.

Yes, it's confusing....
Thank you!
Then it seems to be the privilege of iOS-version to be able to turn off the landing sensors - in the Android-version it is not possible.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82