DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 How To Drone In The Desert!

DSRT_VLTR

Reactions
Mini 2 Flights #71 & #72. Both locations are just off the Apache Trail (SR88) in Arizona. Nobody bothers me out here (there were several people around at both locations). I'm just another Desert Rat.

Attachments

• IMG_20221220_222833_562.jpg
    IMG_20221220_222833_562.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20221220_165406_171.jpg
    IMG_20221220_165406_171.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54
Fly the desert long enough you meet all sorts. : ) In general I have no issues, but a lot of the commercial work I do takes me to the desert. Plenty of surprises out there. : )

Reactions: LoudThunder
Back in the 70's, I spent time in "them thar hills" looking for the Lost Dutchman, It's just as beautiful now as it was then!

Except where people go, (that pile of trash)...

Reactions: old man mavic
Fly the desert long enough you meet all sorts. : ) In general I have no issues, but a lot of the commercial work I do takes me to the desert. Plenty of surprises out there. : )
The bottom picture location I was about 100ft from a camper compound & the whole time I was there, two guys were bellowing at each other to the point I thought they were going to get into a fist fight or start shooting at each other!

@DSRT_VLTR , shame about the fly tipping though,is nowhere safe from it
This location is actually worse than the photo shows. There are several more garbage piles there & three mo
Back in the 70's, I spent time in "them thar hills" looking for the Lost Dutchman, It's just as beautiful now as it was then!

Except where people go, (that pile of trash)...
Since the 90's, the Superstition Mountains are a designated federal Wilderness Area. Anyone finding the Dutchman's gold or the Peralta mine where it allegedly came from would have to hand it over to Feds.

• Sad
This location is actually worse than the photo shows. There are several more garbage piles there & three mo

Since the 90's, the Superstition Mountains are a designated federal Wilderness Area. Anyone finding the Dutchman's gold or the Peralta mine where it allegedly came from would have to hand it over to Feds.
Yes and as soon as I find gold there I promise to turn it over to the guvermint. Really I will. Scouts honor.

I've seen these before or by someone that is like-minded :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15