DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fine a good place to fly in North Norfolk

Alan1977

Reactions
Hi All,
I am very new to drones I have a new Mavic Air and can't wait to fly it but, I am not sure how to go about finding a good place to learn how to and practice flying safely. Any ideas ?
Thanks

Hi All,
I am very new to drones I have a new Mavic Air and can't wait to fly it but, I am not sure how to go about finding a good place to learn how to and practice flying safely. Any ideas ?
Thanks

Find yourself a big field away from buildings power lines, RAF airbase, etc make sure you have calibrated you MA compass and imu put you phone in Aircraft mode also set your home point before you take off.
Practice short take off's and landings, get used to how the control stick work remember that when the drone is flying towards you the sticks are reversed.
Good luck and fly safe,

Reactions: Alan1977
Hi All,
Thanks
Download and install NATS Drone Assist. This is a really good app.

Hi All,
Thanks

I always recommend using facebook to find local groups, there are dozens, once found, join the group and meet up with the members, most will be long time fliers and will have a wealth of knowledge to offer as well as best places to fly.

Hi All,
Thanks
Hi Alan, quite a few Drone Pilots in North Norfolk, checking on FB a good suggestion. I have tried Hunstanton and Blakeney when not to many people about.

Hi All,
Thanks
Hi, I also live in North Norfolk, I fly mostly along the coast away from people buildings etc.

+1 for old hunstanton cliff top car park, was there a few weeks back. had a drive along the north norfolk coast road, some great places to shoot.

+1 for old hunstanton cliff top car park, was there a few weeks back. had a drive along the north norfolk coast road, some great places to shoot.
Love the vid and the car. Were you doing that alone with the drone tracking ? DId it lose connection. Always my worry, I've not tried it following my old Ford.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_