DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get a clearer view of satellite status before take-off

InvisibleName

Reactions
If you change your camera view to 4:3 format it gives black borders down each side, consequently meaning that you can now see the satellite status more easily

07506312-C949-43D5-9D2D-0B5F7F7455ED.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Squidinc
i think that's just because you're using 4:3 photo settings. Try switching to video.

i think that's just because you're using 4:3 photo settings. Try switching to video.
Doh! Thanks .... thought it was too good to be true!

Mind, it does make it easier to check the satellites before take-off

The Op is just checking the satellites before take off and reverting back to the wider view during flight.
Nice tip when you can't see them. ?

Reactions: Rchawks
Just don’t get why such an important piece of info is so **** small. It’s virtually impossible to read especially if your near sight vision isn’t great. I wish there was a status page which showed all the aircraft info nice and big, white on a black background.

I do not use glasses to see or read and yet I have to keep a pair hanging off my shirt to ensure I see the battery and sat when needed because of the size. The 4:3 does help a lot! lol

Reactions: Guiglet
i will be useing a magnfying glass to see the satelites.
You're luck you only need a magnifying glass. I need a darn microscope!!!!

Been going on about this with DJI for a bit now. They really could increase the text size of the number of satellites! Shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Anyways..... stay safe!

Reactions: Rchawks
The satellites icon is color coded so you don’t need to see the exact number

The satellites icon is color coded so you don’t need to see the exact number
It might not be necessary for you to see the exact number, but for me (and obviously for others), it is indeed important to know the number of satellites we have locked in.

By the way, what number of satellites do the different colors of the color coding indicate?

My reasoning was I have noticed that you can’t always rely on just the number, I have had very good coverage with 13+ satellites and I have had bad coverage with just shy of that number . I believe it’s not just about the number but their position relative to the horizon and you need something of a “spread” which is why I rely on the colors. Obviously I do not have the specifics of the the satellites it’s connected to but if the app knows it has enough to show white icon meaning best experience then I go off that. They will never make the font changeable IMO it goes against everything this new fly app has proven to be so far. I recommend a bigger screen so it will scale bigger for those with trouble seeing or hope they add a slightly transparent bar behind the icons to give better contrast, I just don’t see than happening. However they could possibly add a high contrast or color blind mode with this new app that might improve this issue. The best solution in my opinion would be a clickable icon similar to the battery level icon, but I just don’t think it’s a logical step given how close the icons are ,people with big hands would complain as they are now with the new zoom button being so close to the record button and it’s way further than most of the icons up top.

You best bet is to just get a Mini Magnifying Glass from amazon and throw it in your drone bag.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99