DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get the longest Hyperlapse?

BingErr

Reactions
Also posted to DJI Forums, but not getting any good answers there...

New owner of Mavic 2 Pro and I was playing with Hyperlapse the last 2 days. Any tips for getting the MOST time out of Hyperlapse? I ran two "CourseLock" hyperlapses today and both were set to go for 25 minutes but only made it about 20ish minutes until I was at 25% battery and had to land. Also, both drifted quite a bit right during the hyperlapse. I'm sure setting "Waypoint" would keep it from drifting, but what's the best for battery? Also, anyone know the best speed to get the most time out of each battery?

Has anyone started a hyperlapse, and then moved your location on the ground to be in position where the Hyperlapse will end, and then ran the battery down farther to get more time out of the battery? I'm sure you'd have to change your settings to NOT return to home at the end of the battery. Any other suggestions?

Flying for 25 minutes seems quite good. I can usually only get 23 minutes tops, averaging about 21 minutes based on continuous recording time. But then there's setup time, waiting for GPS and home point lock, often not starting recording on takeoff, etc that has me miss accounting for some minutes.

Your limitation seems to be available flight time from the battery and nothing really to do with hyperlapse itself. I don't think there's much you can do to improve on that.

I'd be careful about ignoring request to RTH. It really depends on how far away you're flying and terrain in determining how much extra flight time you can get away with.
Don't do what Billy Kyle did flying out quite a distance over Long Island Sound and ignoring RTH recommendation. He had to fly sub-zero percent remaining battery for two minutes, tried landing in a small island closer than his home point and still fell 100ft short of land.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica