DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to handle ahole bystanders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you mention Rambo .......often times you sound much like him here.
I have only had two situations one good one bad in each case I was flying from my own property.
You have to understand in today's PC world everybody has an axe and a grind wheel running at full speed. Drones are the gripe dijour , and it is almost stylish to jump someone flying a drone and wear the arm badge later.
mikemoose55
They are the loud car stereos that used to get all the attention. Just as they started doing with the super stereos, we need to be more selective about where we fly. No need for an audience. Not even one spectator.

They are the loud car stereos that used to get all the attention. Just as they started doing with the super stereos, we need to be more selective about where we fly. No need for an audience. Not even one spectator.
Just because you think that way, doesn't make it so.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
True dat. I had a woman threaten to throw a snowball at my drone last winter, while exclaiming to me just how annoying it was. A snow mobile was idling nearby, over which my drone could not be heard. I quietly guessed that she had just turned off Fox news for a moment to step outside. There was no reason at all for her to have been rude.
What does Fox news have to do with your drone? Are you lumping everyone you hate together there?

bystander: "you cant fly here"

pilot: (focused on piloting, put finger up in command) "One moment"

stay focused on maintaining control of your aircraft, say nothing else.

bystander: "im calling the police."

pilot: "oh i understand the perception of drones flying around!"

"my pilot number is (faa registration number) be sure to make that available to them when calling, im standing on (x) property (be sure you are in the right before flying anywhere.)

continue to focus on flying, and be quiet! focus on your AC! if you have any confrontation from there they are imepeding your focus of controlling your aircraft, let them know that, and to call the police.

this works for me 90% of the time, and being completely legal and professional if the police do arrive, will show you have an expert level understanding of what you are doing, explain it properly, and you will become an educator for others.

recreational flying will not be available in a couple years due to commercial regulation of automated deliveries from amazon and resturants soon, agl <400

my .02
recreational flying will not be available in a couple years due to commercial regulation of automated deliveries from amazon and resturants soon, agl <400
seriously like amozon and stores will deliver in rueal areas Not

bystander: "you cant fly here"

pilot: (focused on piloting, put finger up in command) "One moment"

stay focused on maintaining control of your aircraft, say nothing else.

bystander: "im calling the police."

pilot: "oh i understand the perception of drones flying around!"

"my pilot number is (faa registration number) be sure to make that available to them when calling, im standing on (x) property (be sure you are in the right before flying anywhere.)

continue to focus on flying, and be quiet! focus on your AC! if you have any confrontation from there they are imepeding your focus of controlling your aircraft, let them know that, and to call the police.

this works for me 90% of the time, and being completely legal and professional if the police do arrive, will show you have an expert level understanding of what you are doing, explain it properly, and you will become an educator for others.

my .02
Soon as you unleash the Doberman....... they tend to quiet down considerably !

seriously like amozon and stores will deliver in rueal areas Not
Why not? Gas electric hybrids are already flying for 2 hours with payload.
DHL

1539698037159.png

Last edited:
What does Fox news have to do with your drone? Are you lumping everyone you hate together there?
People who have never seen a drone, yet hate them anyway - learned that behavior from somewhere.... Insert random news source here. For what it's worth, I dont *hate* the rude woman of whom I spoke, nor folks who watch the news - but you're kinda getting on my nerves ;)

Reactions: Greg Smithski
Guys I have deleted a few post in this , lets Stay On Topic here and try and not get to Violent
in what you would do.
Thanks .

Why in the world would you fly around people anyway?? Get the **** out of town and quit agitating people unnecessarily. I know you want to fly right out of your backyard but that's just not possible for a responsible adult in a neighborhood to do. Grow up or quit flying where others are strolling around. It's pretty simple, really.
This is a ridiculous thread.

Reactions: Flexi and ac0j
People who have never seen a drone, yet hate them anyway - learned that behavior from somewhere.... Insert random news source here. For what it's worth, I dont *hate* the rude woman of whom I spoke, nor folks who watch the news - but you're kinda getting on my nerves ;)
;)

There have been posts on this very forum by people that did some really newsworthy piloting. Thinking it doesnt happen is just not the way to think.
1. We have had a Pilot flying around a parade less that 100 feet from an active end of a runway,
2. We have had a Pilot in Hawaii flying so close to penthouse balconies that it prompted the occupant of said penthouse to finally get in the elevator, walk out to the beach, and throw a Mavic into the ocean.
3. We have seen drone views of Helicopters in flight from less than 50 feet.
4. We have had a few admit getting ticketed for flying in unapproved places.

The drones making the news are because of the DRONE PILOTS. Not drones themselves.
People hate them because they are making news quite regularly.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Actually I think it is the drones, yes some pilots are foolish in how they operate.
But once again someone has to explain why this is not the same situation when...
A car runs a red light.....
A car hits a person walking across the street
A car runs through the wall of ta store because someone confused the gas and the brake
A driver gets a speedin ticket or DWI
Why , automobiles and the errant results of operating them is understood by all. So when drones are as common as automobiles all this madness will go away.

It is the uncommonality of the beast that inspires an adsverse reaction in people. Allow me an example that may make some different sense maybe ....
You get on an elevator, captured there with you is a passenger absent of body odor control you are repulsed. Same situation in another part of the world and nobody notices, why ,
it all comes down to the norm, drones are not the norm outside of groups like us all here. Because of that we catch the odd man out treatment and it is not hard to find people who will pile on.
mikemoose55

1539789178_drone_shirt.jpg

Second time I have had to delete post in this and it will not be anymore.
If violent remarks or political ones are going to be posted it will have to be in another one
as I will close this one .
Just a heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22