DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to improve video quality?

Good to know.

What did you do in terms of editing in your skate video? Do you play with speed until it looks like normal speed and then keep the slo mo stuff untouched?

is there some sort of rule or guide to follow regarding speeding video up to make it look natural?

Also the magic started creating .srt files when i switched settings. Any idea on that?
It's not my video just one of the first ones that came up when I searched for Mavic Pro 96fps.

I would think that he sped up the video to something that looks like normal speed.
There is no golden rule but it's a good idea to ramp the speed up or down instead of just cutting straight to a faster or slower speed.
Looks nicer.

Have you tried adding some sharpness in post? From what I have seen the Mavis easily compares to the phantom 4. Even at higher frame rates.

No, I haven't done anything in post. Like I said, I'm not a photography enthusiast. I just go with the footage straight out of the bird, which is also what I did with the Phantom 3. Straight out of the P3, 720p60fps looked fine to me. But resolutions below 2.7k from the Mavic just don't look good. And on top of that, frame rates above 30fps are riddled with moire. It's like the edges of everything are blinking and waving at me. I have no doubt that the footage can be made to look much better in post. But all I can say is that without any editing, there are real limitations to the Mavic's video capturing. If there are settings I can change on the Mavic to make it a closer comparison to Phantom footage at lower resolutions and higher frame rates, I'm all ears.

I don't think so. I'm playing the videos on an iMac that's about 2 years old with 32GB of RAM and a 4GB video card. It does struggle with the frame rate on 4K videos, but that's about it. It's the same machine I'm using to play the videos from the Phantom. No editing at all, just straight video out of the bird.

There is a free app called 5kplayer for Mac that will allow you to watch your 4k video in real time. Quicktime will bog down and frustrate you... when editing with 4k use a proxy in order to speed the process up considerably.

Last edited:
Hey I Came from a yuneec q500 4k. That drone makes som Great video but size Was to big . Thats why i got the mavic. But there is something Strange with the camera some video/pictures Are very good and other times really bad. Have you being messing around with the video settings? Being doing for a week now and havent not yet Found the best option. You gotta adjust your setting to get the most out of it. And Yeah offcourse keep focusing on the things you wanna film. I have being shooting in 4k 30fps. -1 -2 -0 d-cinelike and then Edit colour after choice of style.

If your video still doesn't seem good after you increased resolution. Make sure the bit rate goes with it. Normally, as a 1080p video, you need a bit rate around 30000 as you can see from How to Improve Video Quality -For Higher Definition and Smoother Playback. If you just increase resolution, normally it makes no sense. But remember, the higher bit rate your video is, the larger size you will get.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll