DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to mix different frame rate clips

Andrea1976

Reactions
Hi
I have to make a project but the clips are in different fps. My usually choice is timeline at 24 fps with shooting in 30 fps slowed down at 80%. Obviously I'm talking about video drone without audio, to achieve more softness in the movements. But, if I have a 30 fps timeline and a 24 fps clip how can I put it in to? If I set the normal speed it cannot be matched.. and it is stuttering every 5 frames. How much have I to increase the speed of the 24 FPS clip to match in a 30 FPS timeline?

I hope my English could be understandable.. I' m sorry!

Andrea

Hi
I have to make a project but the clips are in different fps. My usually choice is timeline at 24 fps with shooting in 30 fps slowed down at 80%. Obviously I'm talking about video drone without audio, to achieve more softness in the movements. But, if I have a 30 fps timeline and a 24 fps clip how can I put it in to? If I set the normal speed it cannot be matched.. and it is stuttering every 5 frames. How much have I to increase the speed of the 24 FPS clip to match in a 30 FPS timeline?

I hope my English could be understandable.. I' m sorry!

Andrea
Depends on your editing software but as a general rule you’d want your timeline frame rate to be less than or equal to your lowest clip frame rate for this reason. Most NLE can interpolate frames (meaning add “in-between” frames for a clip that a lower frame rate than the timeline) and there are multiple methods for doing this depending on your editor and type of motion in the clip but there’s is always a decrease in quality. It’s not a matter of IF there will be a dip in quality but by how much.

It’s much better to have your timeline frame rate match the lowest frame rate clip on the timeline.

Reactions: GadgetGuy and PAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair