DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to put on ND Filters?

davehudsn

Reactions
I know this is a pretty basic post, but I googled this and searched the forum and DJI site.

I bought the DJI ND filters for my Mavic 2 Zoom and I can't figure out how to put them on.

As far as I can tell, they aren't threaded. I tried to unscrew the stock cover and it won't come off. I don't want to pry it off if that isn't correct. I can't believe neither the manual nor the ND filters themselves have any instructions on how to put the filters on.

For my Mavic Air, it was pretty straight forward..... unscrew the stock filter and screw on the ND filter.

Anyone know how to put the ND filters on the Zoom?!

Dave

I know this is a pretty basic post, but I googled this and searched the forum and DJI site.

I bought the DJI ND filters for my Mavic 2 Zoom and I can't figure out how to put them on.

As far as I can tell, they aren't threaded. I tried to unscrew the stock cover and it won't come off. I don't want to pry it off if that isn't correct. I can't believe neither the manual nor the ND filters themselves have any instructions on how to put the filters on.

For my Mavic Air, it was pretty straight forward..... unscrew the stock filter and screw on the ND filter.

Anyone know how to put the ND filters on the Zoom?!

Dave
Here you go!

Reactions: Jamgar
Sorry - don't mean to be thick headed, but do you leave the stock cover on and press it on over the existing cover?
No, for the zoom you need to unscrew the stock one and screw it on. It can be screwed on tight from the factory. In fact I had to use a rubber glove and a small plier to get it off. I used the rubber glove to prevent scuffing.

OK- it wasn't clear in the video.... i am wondering if i have a defective unit.... i have tried with quite a bit of force and can't unscrew my lens.

I am so sorry... this whole time I was under the impression that you had the Pro. The Zoom unscrews like the Air. It is on pretty tight. Your filters have internal threads correct?

This video does show the Zoom closer to the end.

Reactions: Drone Master
Unscrew the original filter - if it is stuck on, use a rubber band for better grip. Make sure to hold the gimbal :)

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
OK- it wasn't clear in the video.... i am wondering if i have a defective unit.... i have tried with quite a bit of force and can't unscrew my lens.
It thought mine was defective/ cross threaded as well. I tried every method on the internet. Including wrapping it with a rubber band. Once I used my method described. It came right off and swapping has not been A problem since. Hope it helps

Ok, Got it!

Thanks for all the great advice and the video. Not sure why those videos didn't show up in my Google/YouTube search, but honestly, i don't think they would have helped as much as your advice. I was worried about breaking the gimbal.

I had to use a pair of pliers and the rubber glove technique. Still made a small mark on the original lens filter, but its a minor scuff. When i took it off, i did notice a bit of plastic inside the thread, so i assume some debris got in there when they put it on and it made it stick/bind. I had to use a lot of force to break it loose. Once i got it off, i cleaned it and it all works great - got the new filter on and can swap them now.

Will probably still order the Polar Pro tool though as it is still pretty tight.

Thanks again for all the great advice!

I am still blown away at how great the M2 Zoom is. I really am enjoying it!

Dave

Thanks for the video. Haven't tried to take my lens off yet, but now I will not have to question I can't remove the it. Thanks again

Just purchased Polar Pro here in the UK and yes they do come with a removal wrench. Works great.
My question is what the best to use . Have PL4 , 8 , 16.
Settings, Bright (ish) day. Few clouds. Taken with PL8 Filter
Manual. W/B "cloudy". ISO 100, RAW, Shutter1/120.

DJI_0084_lzn.jpg

Reactions: BERNIEdoc and ff22
I am having a very miserable time trying to remove the factory filter, I have tried all techniques. Rubber band and a rubber glove. Could the wrench that came with the filters loosen it? I have not tried that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98