DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to record phone screen with stats while flying?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
Many video demonstrations show the phone screen indicating distance, height, speed, mode, etc. How do you do that? I have an iPhone 6sPlus.

You have to use a screen recording app of your choice on your mobile device ... can't recommend any as I'm in the Android camp :)

Reactions: rconradvt
You have to use a screen recording app of your choice on your mobile device ... can't recommend any as I'm in the Android camp :)
That's helpful. I thought it might have been something inside the DJI Fly app. I'll search the App Store and see what I can come up with.

Vindibona1 have a look at
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
from
I also have a screen recorder app on my phone.

Yes, for the iPhone you don't need an extra App. I have an iPhone 6 with IOS 12.4.7 and the screen recorder is available at the Control Center at the settings menu.

Yes, for the iPhone you don't need an extra App. I have an iPhone 6 with IOS 12.4.7 and the screen recorder is available at the Control Center at the settings menu.
I use an iphone 11 Pro which has the same screen recording button. And if you hold the button down for a few seconds it can activate the phone sound mic also (toggles on/off).

All these years with an iPhone and I never knew you could do that. I didn't even know you could customize what's in the control center. Thanks.

I screen record with audio using my iPhone 8+ by swiping up to access the controls. I can’t say if that option is available on the iPhone 6.

There is a much smarter solution (in my humble opinion): The Mavic Mini already embeds the flight telemetry in your video stored on the drone chip. You can see the telemetry data as subtitles simply by showing the video using the freeware VLC media player. (To see the telemetry data, use the Subtitles menu and select the English subtitle track.) I tried recording the screen on my iPhone X, but it eats up the battery very quickly. This solution is in my view much neater, because you see the full resolution video at the same time on your computer. You can actually also extract the telemetry data and use it for video editing or for post-processing in your own applications, e.g. for plotting the route etc.Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 18.28.28.png

All these years with an iPhone and I never knew you could do that. I didn't even know you could customize what's in the control center. Thanks.
with these da*n iphones we only use about 5% of the features, shortcuts etc.....there is SO much in them..try swiping up from the bottom to access shortcut...on the ten swipe from top RHS down

There is a much smarter solution (in my humble opinion): The Mavic Mini already embeds the flight telemetry in your video stored on the drone chip. You can see the telemetry data as subtitles simply by showing the video using the freeware VLC media player. (To see the telemetry data, use the Subtitles menu and select the English subtitle track.) I tried recording the screen on my iPhone X, but it eats up the battery very quickly. This solution is in my view much neater, because you see the full resolution video at the same time on your computer. You can actually also extract the telemetry data and use it for video editing or for post-processing in your own applications, e.g. for plotting the route etc.View attachment 107044
@S.K. I usually use screen recording with audio and add some comments on wind, reason for the RTH height and other settings. I also like how it shows the warnings/alerts and all the changing telemetry. I'm going to try your idea with VLC as it has distance, height, GPS.

Great photo showing the high water but MY GAWD! It scares me! Living in Western Canada (BC), I'm not used to flat land and seeing that flat horizon and all that sky scares me... I gotta get out of my province more.

Reactions: ff22
@S.K. I usually use screen recording with audio and add some comments on wind, reason for the RTH height and other settings. I also like how it shows the warnings/alerts and all the changing telemetry. I'm going to try your idea with VLC as it has distance, height, GPS.

Great photo showing the high water but MY GAWD! It scares me! Living in Western Canada (BC), I'm not used to flat land and seeing that flat horizon and all that sky scares me... I gotta get out of my province more.

Or just a different area of your province, like around Delta. Pancake flat!

Many video demonstrations show the phone screen indicating distance, height, speed, mode, etc. How do you do that? I have an iPhone 6sPlus.
Hi
Super Screen Recorder—— NO root required!

Try this one it works for me.

"I'm not used to flat land and seeing that flat horizon and all that sky scares me..." Ditto, i grew up in hilly country and the first time I saw flat land as far as my eye could see it was SPOOKY.

Reactions: ff22
Didn’t know I could record my screen until I read this.
Pukka

Imagine how many of us are out there that don't know this? My S.O. often takes screen shots of her phone and would love to have recordings of FaceTime conversations with the grandkids.

"I'm not used to flat land and seeing that flat horizon and all that sky scares me..." Ditto, i grew up in hilly country and the first time I saw flat land as far as my eye could see it was SPOOKY.
Well, while Kansas and Nebraska are really pretty flat, you still can't see very far because all of that corn blocks any possible view (of the boring terrain (am I in for it now))! (g)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute