DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to replace antenna in the front leg?

ebaldestein

Reactions
Hello,
I have sadly crashed my Mavic 2 and my landing gear on the front right arm was damaged. I ordered a new arm in order to replace the housing, but today as I was uninstalling the old arm, I noticed that during the impact the propeller had cut the antenna in 2. I have done several flights after the incident without issue, I’m assuming the Mavic is flying with only one antenna. I have attached the picture. I have the replacement antenna in the new arm but am unsure on how to replace it (does it require soldering?) I found nothing online. Is my antenna perhaps still working in its conditions? Or is it fine if I fly with one antenna? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 62A7947C-723D-42E7-A834-7E253088ED83.jpeg
    62A7947C-723D-42E7-A834-7E253088ED83.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 5366B281-9410-47B8-8D1D-65F5237FABDF.jpeg
    5366B281-9410-47B8-8D1D-65F5237FABDF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • 50CDB355-5D78-40F2-B423-7C0BC2271E9A.jpeg
    50CDB355-5D78-40F2-B423-7C0BC2271E9A.jpeg
    1,002.4 KB · Views: 51
The antenna is part of the entire arm, so you’ll need to replace the whole thing. Delivery, parts and labour cost around 120

Hi, surely just the antenna and wires can be replaced only. I say this as I have an antenna broke of and have a replacement. Not looked to much but looks a tricky job to thread the wires back through the arm. Has anyone done this before?
Thanks in advance

Looks like the damaged antenna is still working, on the reverse side of antenna look at the two soldered areas. Even thought it has a gash cut from the accident, enough soldered contact is there from both wires soldered to trace leads running down the antenna.

Please post another picture, on reverse side of yellow circle. We can tell if the antenna is still good viewing it from the other side.

I think you’ll be okay, the damaged antenna still is good. But please share another picture of reverse side showing the soldered side. We just need additional information, another picture will do.

Paul

3CB54421-EF1E-4FD4-BA8F-833A39878116.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, surely just the antenna and wires can be replaced only. I say this as I have an antenna broke of and have a replacement. Not looked to much but looks a tricky job to thread the wires back through the arm. Has anyone done this before?
Thanks in advance
I have with mine once, broke off the right front foot and it damaged the antenna wiring. It was a tight fit and was forced to add two additional pieces of wire to resolder the antenna wires back together, and it was near impossible to pack it back in the arm with the added heat shrink to prevent a short. When adding on the foot replacement, was a tight fit but managed to get the foot on with the wad of repair underneath the foot. Can’t tell it was damaged, only if I ever sell my MP2 I’ll need to share this with the new owner. And of course, I’ll give them one heck of a deal because of this repair.

Also, Two of the lights wires was damaged as well. That was near impossible to solder back on, micro soldering is not my strong points. But I managed to solder them back on, and to my surprise the lights work.

I’ll post a picture one of these days of the repair, will need to remove foot which will show the wad of extra wiring and heat shrink work.

Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu