DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to send data to SD Card Question

BullRhino

Reactions
With the Go 4 App collecting both flight data and a copy of the video I'm sure that takes up a lot of storage. I have removed every app that I can to make this tablet purely a device for flying my MA, but it only has 16GB total and with the Go 4 app and the Kittyhawk app there are just over 3 GB available in the "Device storage". Of course I have a ton of space on the SD card storage. Is there a way to set the app up so that the flight record and the video cache automatically feeds to the SD card? Or do you know of any other solutions, short of getting a new tablet with more device storage? Incidentally, it is an Android Tablet.

Thanks!!!

Turn off Caching in the app and data will only be stored on the drones SD Card.

Reactions: Thomas B
Turn off Caching in the app and data will only be stored on the drones SD Card.
You can stop caching video but the recorded flight data is always stored in the app on your phone or tablet.

You can redirect cache video files to an SD card installed on the mobile device. At least you can on an Android. Option is in the ... section.

Specifying the path/root folder is tricky. I was only successful specifying the root of the SD card. However it creates a folder structure similar to what's on main storage so you won't get a bunch of files right on the root of the card.
Folder structure suggests eventually other space consuming files may be able to redirected to the SD card, such as flight logs.

Note that if you have your flight records kept by the server indefinitely, delete them locally and re-sync, they probably will all come back and over time use up lots of space.

You definitely want flight data stored on your device. If you lose your drone, you might need the flight data to determine where it might have landed. As for videos, in the same way if you lose the drone, and unable to find it, any photos or videos you might have taken will be completely lost. Maybe manually clear your device’s cache after you’ve copied photos and videos you want to keep from your SD card to an external HD.

Thank you for your replies. For certain I want to keep the flight records and the video and photos on my device at least until I've downloaded the video and photos from my MA. I could be wrong, but I don't think that the flight records take up as much space as the video and photos. Hopefully later today I can see if I can find the way DanMan32 says it's possible to redirect to the SD card. I'll post another reply after that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissapeterss