DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to turn off the app without turning off the phone?

clintj

Reactions
Ok newbie here, bought the Mavic AIR. I have my Samsung Android plugged into the remote but am having some problems but here are 2 things with the app:

1. I went to the picture settings, took a panorama , but then I couldnt close that area to return to the main navigation screen no matter how many times I pushed the X in the corner, it was almost like it was frozen. So in a sub menu, is there a shortcut button I can push to quickly return to the main navigation screen?

2. Second question...I landed the drone, powered it off, and also powered off the remote. But the app stayed open on my phone, I cant swipe down to close it, there is no X to close the app, I cant even go back go back to the main screen on my phone....its like the app is frozen. The only thing that works to get out of the app is turning off the phone and restarting. Is this a common problem?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Which Samsung, it sounds like it is barely able to run it.
It never hurts to delete the app and download again.

Swiping or even closing with X doesn't always stop it running behind scenes as it likes to chat with DJI for features such as the News feed.
You can force stop it from app manager for mre complete stoppage.
With my S5 I usually tap the square button then close it from the thumbnail sized window thing, using the X

Tap the Overview button (on Samgung, the left-most of the system buttons). then close the app by tapping the X

Which Samsung, it sounds like it is barely able to run it.
It never hurts to delete the app and download again.

Swiping or even closing with X doesn't always stop it running behind scenes as it likes to chat with DJI for features such as the News feed.
You can force stop it from app manager for mre complete stoppage.
With my S5 I usually tap the square button then close it from the thumbnail sized window thing, using the X

Sorry.....Samsung was my last phone. Its actually a Google Pixel phone!

Sorry.....Samsung was my last phone. Its actually a Google Pixel phone!
Then with phone on its horizontal, swipe from the right side to show the return, stop and square buttons.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo