DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to upload 4k videos to instagram?

E92joe

Reactions
Hey everyone im new to the forums and looking on advice on how to upload videos from my mavic air to instagram. I see alot of sites that offer their software but charge $50+. Is it easier to just upload it on youtube and then download it on a site converer? Or will that just dumb down the quality. Is there other free options?

youtube natively accepts 4K video. so if you dont care about any kind of editing with Final Cut or Premiere for effect. you can literally copy it off the Drone's SD card and upload it to Youtube and give people links to the video. You can also keep them private if you dont want the public to see it.

youtube natively accepts 4K video. so if you dont care about any kind of editing with Final Cut or Premiere for effect. you can literally copy it off the Drone's SD card and upload it to Youtube and give people links to the video. You can also keep them private if you dont want the public to see it.

Its mostly for uploading on instagram but when i upload it the video seems to be like 480p resolution

Not sure what you mean. Instagram only accepts 640p resolution aka standard definition. The retail space they give you is small as well. Nobody would even be able to tell it's 4k, but that doesn't matter because it's impossible to do.

That resolution is adequate for the small window, Instagram isn't really a video sharing platform, same as Facebook.

Thats a bummer, i guess ill stick to drone shots instead of videos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin