DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use go4 app "Mavic" without being connected to radio or drone

Reactions
It seems I found a way to use the go4 app with my Mavic without being connected to the radio or drone
If anyone is interested please let me know
Thanks

Why would anyone want to use the app when it's not connected to the quad ?

9pl6iNTl.png
dk6769ul.png

wgqYrbOl.png

HuDVTh2l.png

There's no secret. Changes made in the app to drone/RC settings (like control mode, camera settings, flight parameters) won't be saved when not connected to drone or RC.

And you won't see all settings and options that apply, so it's useless really. Lots of people got misled and lost time due to this. Just power the thing on as it should be.

Why would anyone want to use the app when it's not connected to the quad ?

Well for one thing, you don't have to sit there with your drone on using battery while you go through the different options to learn what's all there
That's why I wanted to do it

And you won't see all settings and options that apply, so it's useless really. Lots of people got misled and lost time due to this. Just power the thing on as it should be.
I didn't feel it was useless
I was able to learn a lot about the app while my drone tested quietly on the table with the controller
I could take as much time as I wanted to study the app and see all the functions
Other than changing settings
Pretty cool to me maybe not others

This previous post by another pilot was caused me to see if it was possible
Apparently he had a reason for asking
Thanks

I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Mavic Pro but was wondering if I can use the DJI app without it. The reason for this is to check NFZs in my area to see how practical flying a drone would be.

I've downloaded the app for my iPhone but see it needs a login. Can I create an account without a drone linked to it or can this only be done when you've got your drone?

Any advice would be helpful in smoothing the way for when my drone is finally delivered.

Thanks

So the more I learn from this site as I browse makes me realise how little I know
If I came across as a know it all I didn't mean too
Thanks for all the helpful comments!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast