DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to use kmz file to create flight plan?

I need the drone to follow the same pattern for 3 years with the same camera tilt.
That's no problem with GSPro. You define the 'Gimbal Pitch Angle' at each waypoint you like.
Just fly your mission and take your photos.

DJI limit of 99 waypoints
GSPro is able to split your mission in multiple 99 WP junks. Depending on the aircraft used, you'll be prompted to either RTH after 99WP or continue the mission.
I'd flown many missions exceeding that limit without a problem.

The problem you will encounter involves the Litchi & DJI limit of 99 waypoints. I have succeeded in getting Litchi HUB to read a KML file; but it produced an error involved with the 99 point limit. This is an artificial self-induced limit that makes Litchi & DJI impractical to perform real work. One day they will wake up to their own error.
Here's a couple real world examples that work; but they don't involve either Litchi or DJI drones.View attachment 109303View attachment 109304View attachment 109305

Hoping this thread isn't completely dead - these are very interesting! May I ask what industry/type of work is this planning for? What applications do curved waypoint flight paths have? And lastly, which software and hardware is involved?

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998