DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How wide of a tip for soldering?

IES

Reactions
Replacing the left rear arm and know that it requires a wider tip than normal, what size works for you?

Reactions: Former Member
Replacing the left rear arm and know that it requires a wider tip than normal, what size works for you?

Chisel tip, 850°

There is a conformal coating on the solder joints, so the first time you try to unsolder it, it will take longer. Use flux or add solder to make the coating melt faster so you dont fry your FC board.

Last edited:
Chisel tip, 850°

There is a conformal coating on the solder joints, so the first time you try to unsolder it, it will take longer. Use flux or add solder to make the coating melt faster so you dont fry your FC board.

Thunder, what kind of conformal coating is it? (AR, ER, UR, SR, Paraxylene). Removing conformal coat by heat may result in PCB damage. There are other methods such as solvent, scraping, etc. Tip temp of 850 seems a bit high and could be effective to remove “some” coatings while not others. PCB rework and repair is part of what I train people in. Happy to share info and techniques.

Thunder, what kind of conformal coating is it? (AR, ER, UR, SR, Paraxylene). Removing conformal coat by heat may result in PCB damage. There are other methods such as solvent, scraping, etc. Tip temp of 850 seems a bit high and could be effective to remove “some” coatings while not others. PCB rework and repair is part of what I train people in. Happy to share info and techniques.

Would you be able to tell what type it is if sent you an ESC board?

I also have scores of PCB's that could use some repair. Ive been looking for a person like you for 2 years!

Would you be able to tell what type it is if sent you an ESC board?

I also have scores of PCB's that could use some repair. Ive been looking for a person like you for 2 years!
Let's keep it simple, send me a PM and I'll email you a flow chart that aids in determining the CC type, its characteristics and recommended methods of removal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky