DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Howdy from the SouthEast US

Luckygecko

Reactions
I have a new Mavic Mini (original) and recently became a Part 107 pilot. I've been a long-time aviation buff and hobby photographer.
Also, much of my drone interest is for use during disaster recovery and also search and rescue.

I currently live in the SouthEast US and also spent a couple of decades in the SouthWest.

While I scored well (98%), I found the Part 107 test harder than I expected, although I must admit I only spent a few days of study.
About 30 years ago I got my 'ground school' sign off in my log book (I never completed part 61 lcn.). Also it was about that long ago I completed US Air Force air traffic controller school and heald (hold?) the old FAA ATC 'pink card.'

As I said, that was basically a lifetime ago. Yet, most of the information was still in my head. (Reading TAFs,METAR's charts, knowing the national airspace system, etc).

While I have no plans for the Part 107 License at this time, I wanted this as an accomplishment, wanted options, and also wanted to force me to conder my drone operations in that light. [That is, being former ATC (I never did ATC work outside my short military stent) and a Part 107 holder I know I will be held to a higher standard.] I'm okay with that because it keeps my mind fresh and I don't take each flight for granted.

I've been lurking in the forums for a couple of weeks it is seems like there are many good people here. I look forward to our interactions.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum! :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin