DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Huge Hoar Frost

Awesome photo!

A stunning photograph, and good on you for getting out early in the cold to shoot it. I'd enjoy seeing some other photos from that morning.

We don't get that sort of phenomena on the Gulf coast, but I think I'd be tempted to point the camera down 90 degrees, descend over a tree, and see what the downdraft from the drone does. With bright direct sunlight, there might be some rainbow effects.

Reactions: DanJ
A stunning photograph, and good on you for getting out early in the cold to shoot it. I'd enjoy seeing some other photos from that morning.

We don't get that sort of phenomena on the Gulf coast, but I think I'd be tempted to point the camera down 90 degrees, descend over a tree, and see what the downdraft from the drone does. With bright direct sunlight, there might be some rainbow effects.
Thank you. I shot a ton of pics with both my drone and my dslr.
More to come.

I wish, in vain, for this effect. But nada, so far. Beautiful work. Can't wait to see the others. Thanks for posting!

Very impressive photo. What were you flying, what was the air temperature, and what (if any) were the effects of cold and humidity on your drone, e.g., flight time, etc.?
Thank you.
The drone is an Air 2S. I am holding out for the next version of the Mavic 3 with better sensors and Occusynch 4. Hopefully this year since most of the rest of the DJI drones use Occusynch 4 now.
It was -12 Celsius when I left town that morning and continued to warm up to -6 Celsius.
I have flown in much colder temps all the way down to -25 Celsius with no problems.
Flight time was around five or ten minutes.
The only problem I ever have is if the gimbal gets snow on it, there is a "Gimbal Overloaded" message so I try to launch/land on a mat or on snowless pavement.
Otherwise no problems.

Reactions: MS Coast
Thanks for the information. My curiosity about your flight time was an interest in the cold temperature‘s affect on the battery. Does it lessen the flight time of your drone?

I’m in Virginia, U.S.A. Flying in temperatures in the teens Fahrenheit would lessen this pilot’s flight time!

Thanks for the information. My curiosity about your flight time was an interest in the cold temperature‘s affect on the battery. Does it lessen the flight time of your drone?

I’m in Virginia, U.S.A. Flying in temperatures in the teens Fahrenheit would lessen this pilot’s flight time!
It probably does but when I am shooting with the drone or dslr I am not usually in one place for too long before I drive away to the next.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_