DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Humidity damage

When it forms drops.

Sorry about that, couldn't help myself. High humidity causes the most problems with condensation on (or in) the camera lens if not acclimated.

When does humidy become a weather factor to avoid?

Per the DJI manual when it turns to visible moisture; snow, rain and fog:
Flight Environment Requirements
1. Do not use the aircraft in severe weather conditions. These include wind speeds exceeding 10 m/s, snow, rain and fog.

But there are many posts on here about people having issues in high humidity. A humidity range stated by DJI in the Appendix section of the User Manual, right below the operating temperature range, would be a helpful addition.

Reactions: SkyWizard
Im curious I was in southeast Asia for example and it's 102 with 100% humidity, if there would be a similar amount of moisture in the air if it was 40 with visible fog.

When it forms drops.

Sorry about that, couldn't help myself. High humidity causes the most problems with condensation on (or in) the camera lens if not acclimated.
It doesn't need to form drops in order to affect it, moisture in the air is Way beyond enough and to a moving object moisture in the air can equate to several gallons anywhere between seconds to minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ygdrasil