DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyper-lapse Waypoint missions

RAC DJI

Reactions
Hi, I’m new to Mavic Pilots. I have a Mini 3 Pro and just purchased a used Air 2S. Both can do hyper-lapse waypoint missions that can be saved to run at a difrent time. My question is when you save a mission where is it stored and can I use the same mission on multiple drones. (Mini 3 to Air 2S)

If I recall, when you select to do a HyperLapse Waypoint mission, the setup appears at the bottom of the screen and there is a selection on that screen that I believe opens up saved missions. However its been a while and I may not be recalling correctly.. There are lots of recent videos on YT for the Mini 3 and HyperLapse that discuss how to save and retrieve the missions.. might be worth a few minutes to check 1 -2 of them out.

Reactions: bradm75
Hi, thanks for your response. My real intent is to be able to save a waypoint mission from my mini 3 and be able to run the same mission on my air 2S. Finding out where the file created to save the mission is stored is what I’m looking for. Is the file created and stored in the onboard memory of each drone?

Hi, thanks for your response. My real intent is to be able to save a waypoint mission from my mini 3 and be able to run the same mission on my air 2S. Finding out where the file created to save the mission is stored is what I’m looking for. Is the file created and stored in the onboard memory of each drone?
Yeah, not sure how that would work, never seen anyone discuss trying to locate that and move it, could wind up in some db file and not be ready accessible.

You might be right, it might be hidden somewhere obscure. I’m going to format my onboard memory on the air s2 and see if yesterday’s waypoint mission is still there. That might be a starting point.

Can you create a waypoint mission, and then bring the drone back to swap batteries before starting it? And it remembers the setup?

If so, that's great, as I thought it would forget it if powered off.

Most definitely. When your setting up your mission at anytime before you press the start button look over to the left and you notice a little icon that you can press. This allows you to save and name the mission. At any time later (after changing batteries for instance) you can go back and recall that mission and run it as many times as you wish. If you get a message that there not enough battery to run the mission ignore it and keep planning the mission then save it and change to a fresh battery. Note that if you format the onboard memory the saved mission will be erased. I’m currently looking for the file and where it’s kept to see if I can use the stored missions on my other drones. I’ll let you know if it works.

Reactions: Ben B
Most definitely. When your setting up your mission at anytime before you press the start button look over to the left and you notice a little icon that you can press. This allows you to save and name the mission. At any time later (after changing batteries for instance) you can go back and recall that mission and run it as many times as you wish. If you get a message that there not enough battery to run the mission ignore it and keep planning the mission then save it and change to a fresh battery. Note that if you format the onboard memory the saved mission will be erased. I’m currently looking for the file and where it’s kept to see if I can use the stored missions on my other drones. I’ll let you know if it works.
Fantastic, thanks.

Fantastic, thanks.
Hi, just found out that each waypoint mission you save is saved to the device that you were using when you recorded it. For example if I use two different phones the missions are not synchronized with each other. I scoured the DJI app files and could not find the file that I created and named so it would be easy to locate but I could not find it. I’m hoping to eventually run the exact same missions on both the Mini 3 Pro and the Air 2S which means I would need the file that was created on the Air 2S and import it to the DJI RC. Can anyone shine some light on this.

Thanks

I tried it today on mini 3 pro a 30 sec hyperlapse, it gave me warning current battery is not enough which I understand that drone will come back when battery is less than 20% & it returned to home at 20% but after that it should have continue to complete the hyperlapse from where it left (returned midway) but after replacing the battery it started shooting the same hyperlapse from beginning 0/720 shots (it had already completed 330 shots) so my question is how to use multiple battery for doing a longer 30 sec hyperlpase?

Is it that after replacing battery I should simply press the hyperlapse record button & it should continue from where it was last
or
should I open my saved waypoint then start recording hyperlapse?

Is there any instructions to shoot longer hyperlapse with multiple batteries?
That's what I want to know.

Had this changed in recent firmware. I’m out in the middle of nowhere, well a beautiful location but no phone service. I climbed a hill to connect. I want to do a hyper lapse but my flight speed is capped a 3m/s. I can only do a very small area. I want maybe 12-15 m/s. I know I used to do this. Can someone help me out? I’m on a Mavic 3 Cine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54