DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse and aircraft speed

JavaJack

Reactions
I was shooting a hyperlapse yesterday out in the prairies of an interesting hoodoo. I wanted to start my shot from a distance, maybe 1 kilometer and fly in, circle around then go up above. I did finally get the shot, but I ended up just using waypoints only and triggering every two seconds manually. I wanted a flight speed of about 10 m/s. I like to use motion blur on my hyper lapses, so my capture time or shutter is 1/3 of a second in this situation. In hyper lapse mode, I was only able to select an aircraft speed of 3 m/s maximum. Has this changed with a firmware update, or am I losing my mind? I thought I used to be able to choose a higher global speed within hyper lapse. At this speed I do not achieve the amount of motion blur I want, nor can the battery withstand the flight because the trip takes too long. Can anyone offer some incite on this. Just waypoints did work, but I used to like programming these kinds of flights right within the hyper lapse interface.

I can’t answer your question, but you’ve given me some ideas for my hyperlapses.

I can’t answer your question, but you’ve given me some ideas for my hyperlapses.
Haha! Well that’s good. Motion blur is key, making car lights streak at night, etc. I guess maybe I’m asking for too much for the Mavic to fly over a kilometre in my style of hyper lapse and maybe I solved it by triggering the camera manually.

Reactions: jephoto
I was shooting a hyperlapse yesterday out in the prairies of an interesting hoodoo. I wanted to start my shot from a distance, maybe 1 kilometer and fly in, circle around then go up above. I did finally get the shot, but I ended up just using waypoints only and triggering every two seconds manually. I wanted a flight speed of about 10 m/s. I like to use motion blur on my hyper lapses, so my capture time or shutter is 1/3 of a second in this situation. In hyper lapse mode, I was only able to select an aircraft speed of 3 m/s maximum. Has this changed with a firmware update, or am I losing my mind? I thought I used to be able to choose a higher global speed within hyper lapse. At this speed I do not achieve the amount of motion blur I want, nor can the battery withstand the flight because the trip takes too long. Can anyone offer some incite on this. Just waypoints did work, but I used to like programming these kinds of flights right within the hyper lapse interface.
Curious about this too. Not having done Hyper-lapses as yet, but is on my list of things to practice. I’m kind of surprised if you’d be limited to only a speed of 3 m a second and don’t have more control over the speed you want.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne