DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HYPERLAPSE camera settings

JANGER

Reactions
1. What is "Shot frame" feature in Settings Camera dialog while Hyperlapse is in using?

2. How to make Circle Hyperlapse in 8k resolution?
When 8k is selected, there is not possible to use Circle mode.
Only Free or Waypoint is available.

I tried to use Waypoint and set a few points on some circle path around the POI I want to record,
but the application returns error "too small angle of camera" when I tried to add next point.
Any useful practical solution?

Circle and Course Lock can't be done in 8K (presumably not enough processing power to do 8K *and* track an object on screen, same reason why 8K hyperlapse have the ridiculous minimum interval of 6s). As for the second part with the angle of camera, I don't have my MA2 yet (should arrive later today) but from a few reviews I saw, they were saying it's just a "recommendation" from the app, not an actual error. Did you try tapping the + sign anyway to add the waypoint?

Last edited:
Reactions: dawgpilot
Yes, I got error message "camera angle is too less" when I tried to tap + button to add next point.

Circle and Course Lock can't be done in 8K (presumably not enough processing power to do 8K *and* track an object on screen, same reason why 8K hyperlapse have the ridiculous minimum interval of 6s). As for the second part with the angle of camera, I don't have my MA2 yet (should arrive later today) but from a few reviews I saw, they were saying it's just a "recommendation" from the app, not an actual error. Did you try tapping the + sign anyway to add the waypoint?

try and use less waypoints, don't make them very close together. Maybe try having one waypoint for every 90 degrees?

Last edited:
Ref. 2

This is the best solution to record circle fly around POI, IMHO.

In french drone, I just set the POI on the map, for sample: on the center of cross-road traffic. No matter if there are cars or not.
This POI is set by GPS localisation, not any camera tracking.
This is the POI where the camera continuously points. No matter where and how the drone flies, it keeps to the center of POI.

Now I can move closer or father from the POI, by using pitch joystick (the right joystick up or down in mode 2).
The camera points to POI with tilt angle adjusting respectively, all the time.

When I move pitch joystick left or right the drone flies around POI in the stable actual radius of circle path.

I can also change altitude of drone on the fly, the camera still points to POI respectively and adjust tilt angle automatically.
The fly path, circle, is keeping automatically very smoothly.

Ref. 2

This is the best solution to record circle fly around POI, IMHO.

In french drone, I just set the POI on the map, for sample: on the center of cross-road traffic. No matter if there are cars or not.
This POI is set by GPS localisation, not any camera tracking.
This is the POI where the camera continuously points. No matter where and how the drone flies, it keeps to the center of POI.

Now I can move closer or father from the POI, by using pitch joystick (the right joystick up or down in mode 2).
The camera points to POI with tilt angle adjusting respectively, all the time.

When I move pitch joystick left or right the drone flies around POI in the stable actual radius of circle path.

I can also change altitude of drone on the fly, the camera still points to POI respectively and adjust tilt angle automatically.
The fly path, circle, is keeping automatically very smoothly.

Interesting. Is there a video which demonstrates this method?

Tutorial video? I do not know.

But I recorded in this way so many videos for last two years.

This is some screenshot from french application >
The blue point is pilot location (the home point)
The green drone icon is current drone localization, and the green shadow is camera direction of view..
The 6 on white icon is the selected manually POI and its altitude as 6 meter above the ground (changeably by bar on the right side of screen).
This POI we set just by touching the map preview in necessarylocation.

Now, when I push right joystick left or right, the drone flight around POI with keeping the distance as you see, by smooth circle.
I can switch to camera preview screen and still fly around POI on the map.

More, I can change location of POI on the fly, without landing or breaking the recording, just by moving its icon on the map by finger.
The drone and camera are adjusting cordially to the new POI.

1590073684734.png

Interesting. Is there a video which demonstrates this method?

This what I can do with french drone.

I belive MA2 should got his way soon.
I do not mean only hyperlapse effect, but rather the way of fly controlling with POI set on the map.
Because it is so very useful.

Reactions: Tynez
This what I can do with french drone.

I belive MA2 should got his way soon.
I do not mean only hyperlapse effect, but rather the way of fly controlling with POI set on the map.
Because it is so very useful.

You should be able to quite easily achieve that with waypoints if you don’t have something in the middle to have the circle focus on.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rustjan