DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse Crop

Why does it appear Hyperlapse videos are cropped? Is there a setting?

My theory is its taking the whole picture but when its doing its processing its using those outer edges to do the stabilization on the drone.. could be wrong..

it annoys me too so anyone that has better answer or get the whole picture on the screen vs the stuff in the box for a hyper-lapse let me know as well.

Why does it appear Hyperlapse videos are cropped? Is there a setting?
Stabilizing the resulting video requires cropping in slightly. Saving the original images to make your own hyperlapse would be the only way to alter the stabilization process.

Stabilizing the resulting video requires cropping in slightly. Saving the original images to make your own hyperlapse would be the only way to alter the stabilization process.
Has anyone found a way to save the original.images it's taking for the hyperlapse?

Has anyone found a way to save the original.images it's taking for the hyperlapse?
I know in GO 4 there is a setting to do so. Haven't tried in the Fly app for the MA2, but you'll likely need to be in the air selecting hyperlapse to get into the hyperlapse camera settings to save the originals. That's the way it works in the Fly app to save the spherical pano original images on the MA2. The setting does not appear until you are in the air!

I think I saw a YouTube vid showing how to do this. Choose hyperlapse mode, then click the three dots to get into the specific hyperlaspe settings and I think you can choose to save the raw images for your own post processing.

I’ll play with mine this weekend to see for sure. I’m a new owner of a MA2 after Many years with my phantom 3 advanced.

I think I saw a YouTube vid showing how to do this. Choose hyperlapse mode, then click the three dots to get into the specific hyperlaspe settings and I think you can choose to save the raw images for your own post processing.

I’ll play with mine this weekend to see for sure. I’m a new owner of a MA2 after Many years with my phantom 3 advanced.

Yah, I did it tonight if you go into the 3 dots during the flight before you start you can set it o jpeg or raw and it saves them in there own folder.. Cool!

Yah, I did it tonight if you go into the 3 dots during the flight before you start you can set it o jpeg or raw and it saves them in there own folder.. Cool!
The key is you have to do it during a flight. However, once set, this new setting is retained forever, unless you want change it to something else.

Reactions: coneslayer
The key is you have to do it during a flight. However, once set, this new setting is retained forever, unless you want change it to something else.
yah, i have noticed this with a few settings.. odd way for them to expose settings..

yah, i have noticed this with a few settings.. odd way for them to expose settings..
Indeed. Poor organization within the Fly app, IMHO. Settings like this can be set in the GO 4 app without even an RC connection, let alone needing to be in flight! Hiding them until you are in flight means most won't ever realize they exist.

I understand the reason for the crop. What irritates me the most is there is no shot framing bracket on the screen. I have to estimate where the crop is going to be.

I understand the reason for the crop. What irritates me the most is there is no shot framing bracket on the screen. I have to estimate where the crop is going to be.

There is a setting for this and has been since I started using it. Frames the hyperlapse.when.your setting it up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise