DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Hyperlapse of Beach using Post Production Speed Accelerator instead of the Air2S' hyperlapse function

cgmaxed

Reactions
This hyperlapse was done in post. I filmed it in regular speed on the Air2S, then sped it up in Vegas Pro.

There's basically no difference between what hyper lapse does, and what speed changes do in your not linear editor of choice. The big difference comes in the amount of control you get with the NLE. With it, you get the opportunity to vary the frame rate as you choose, allowing homeports to go faster and some slower, with the transition zone easing between the 2.

The big downside is the huge file you need with using the NLE approach.Depending on how much you intend to speed the footage up, you will have to capture at least 30x the footage amount, and much more if you want to speed it up more.

Obviously too hard to watch with all the movement but for a speed change effect done in post, it looks smooth.

Reactions: cgmaxed
There's basically no difference between what hyper lapse does, and what speed changes do in your not linear editor of choice. The big difference comes in the amount of control you get with the NLE. With it, you get the opportunity to vary the frame rate as you choose, allowing homeports to go faster and some slower, with the transition zone easing between the 2.

The big downside is the huge file you need with using the NLE approach.Depending on how much you intend to speed the footage up, you will have to capture at least 30x the footage amount, and much more if you want to speed it up more.
I would argue against your statement;" Your statement that there is basically no difference between what hyperlapse does and what speed changes do ." I spent $129 USD to buy and learn hyperlapse from this Polish photographer who specializes in amazing hyper lapses. Watch his video where he explains the differences.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ