DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse vs speeding up video

AKLogan

Reactions
Hi,

If I wanted to do a hyperlapse of say a city at night what would be the best way to so this?

Do i use the built in timelapse software or would I get better quality from doing a 4k video at 60fps and then speeding it up?

Any tips appreciated, thank you!

I've seen both done very nicely. You won't be getting 4k at 60fps off of the mavic 2. You can get 30 frames max at 4k. It won't matter what the fps are if you intend on speeding it up.

Hi,

If I wanted to do a hyperlapse of say a city at night what would be the best way to so this?

Do i use the built in timelapse software or would I get better quality from doing a 4k video at 60fps and then speeding it up?

I recommend shooting long exposure photos for night timelapse as oppose to shooting video and speeding it up. With long exposure photos, you can achieve light streaks that look nice for timelapse movement.

Hi,

The photo setup will likely provide better results.

If you are going to shoot video at night and speed it up. Shoot at the lowest frame rate you can. You will need less light to get a proper exposure. Then speed it up in post.

I recommend shooting long exposure photos for night timelapse as oppose to shooting video and speeding it up. With long exposure photos, you can achieve light streaks that look nice for timelapse movement.

Hi,

So I watched a few tutorial videos and correct me if I'm wrong:

I'm using the timelapse settings
2 second interval
200+ photos a run
Then using lightroom to take the raw photos and mass edit them for color then exporting to a video.

Is this the best way? When rendering out the images I can render in 4k vs the maviks auto 1080 render?

When you say do longer exposure in photos can you explain that a bit or what to change? Is that the interval?

Thank you!

Hi,

So I watched a few tutorial videos and correct me if I'm wrong:

I'm using the timelapse settings
2 second interval
200+ photos a run
Then using lightroom to take the raw photos and mass edit them for color then exporting to a video.

Is this the best way? When rendering out the images I can render in 4k vs the maviks auto 1080 render?

When you say do longer exposure in photos can you explain that a bit or what to change? Is that the interval?

Thank you!

Yeah that sounds right from your research. When i talk about long exposure photos, i'm meaning to shoot with a slow shutter speed. These above we're shot on 1/5 shutter speed.....you can experiment and see what works best with your results and taste. You can go even long exposures and do 1 sec or more shutter speed exposures, but for me 1/5 or 1/4 gives good results. Also, having such a slow shutter.....you're ISO will stay low, and the low light result will be noise free!

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007