DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse

EllyBrandi

Reactions
Has anyone found the answer to “camera orientation angle too small/large” error message when setting a waypoint in Hyperlapse mode? What does it mean and how is it corrected?

I have asked the technical support of DJI on line about this. As usual they are never able to explain it clearly so at the end I was still left with a lot of question marks in my mind. However, the guy did mention two things :

1) The "angle too small" error is due to neighboring waypoints being too close to each other.

2) The error messages are given because the app thinks that if selected waypoint ( and orientation ) is taken, the resulting hyperlapse footage will likely be jerky due to the limited precision of gimbal movement and yaw control of the craft.

Why ? the reasons are not clearly explained.

I will test it out with my M2P and see if I can fill in the gap and come up with a sensible explanation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkeye-dronefoto
I have asked the technical support of DJI on line about this. As usual they are never able to explain it clearly so at the end I was still left with a lot of question marks in my mind. However, the guy did mention two things :

1) The "angle too small" error is due to neighboring waypoints being too close to each other.

2) The error messages are given because the app thinks that if selected waypoint ( and orientation ) is taken, the resulting hyperlapse footage will likely be jerky due to the limited precision of gimbal movement and yaw control of the craft.

Why ? the reasons are not clearly explained.

I will test it out with my M2P and see if I can fill in the gap and come up with a sensible explanation.

Thanks for that, it makes sense. DJI told me to re calibrate the gimbal......??

Reactions: Hawkeye-dronefoto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78