DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I’m new here and my Mavic is sick...

DroneAngel

Reactions
Hi everyone. I’m new on here, so please forgive me if I’m in the wrong place. :) I crashed my beloved Mavic 2 pro and the camera has become separated slightly from the gimbal. I’ve looked around a bit and repair is extortionate. Any ideas and if it’s ok to carry on flying with it like this? Thank you for any advice. Best wishes.77509

I would definitely look at getting it repaired. If you fly the camera may not operate properly and get jammed up and cause further damage.
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I’ve grounded it and will get it repaired. Lesson learned...mind that side switch on the remote, it easily gets accidentally switched to Sport..?

Hi everyone. I’m new on here, so please forgive me if I’m in the wrong place. :) I crashed my beloved Mavic 2 pro and the camera has become separated slightly from the gimbal. I’ve looked around a bit and repair is extortionate. Any ideas and if it’s ok to carry on flying with it like this? Thank you for any advice. Best wishes.View attachment 77509
Assuming you dont have dji care feel free to submit a ticket
Free inspection free shipping and you only pay if we fix
Also be sure to use Mavicpilots in the how you heard about us section for $35 off the repair

Assuming you dont have dji care feel free to submit a ticket
Free inspection free shipping and you only pay if we fix
Also be sure to use Mavicpilots in the how you heard about us section for $35 off the repair
Hi. I’m in the UK but thanks anyhow.

How did you crash it? Gotta tell us the story. I hit a tree top with my first Mavic Pro but haven't put a scratch on my Pro2, knock on wood, lol.
Its up to you if you want to fly it with the camera damaged. Won't affect the flight unless the motors, props, ESC, or flight controller took damage. I'd do a test hover and then a battery pack worth of low/easy flying. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneAngel
How did you crash it? Gotta tell us the story. I hit a tree top with my first Mavic Pro but haven't put a scratch on my Pro2, knock on wood, lol.
Its up to you if you want to fly it with the camera damaged. Won't affect the flight unless the motors, props, ESC, or flight controller took damage. I'd do a test hover and then a battery pack worth of low/easy flying. Good luck!

Hi. I was trying a low shot and didn't realise I'd knocked the side switch, putting the drone in Sport Mode (which I never use). It sped off without obstacle avoidance and by the time I realised what was going on, it had hit some tall grass at speed and flipped over. It seemed to work ok but the gimbal was wonky.
The lovely insurance company (don't get to say that very often!) said it's covered and they are repairing it with just a small excess. Phew!

I too am new to Drones and am anxiously awaiting delivery I’m my Mavic 2 Zoom. I could be wrong but I thought I read in the manual that you can actually disable the ability to switch to Sport mode with the switch. If true consider setting that option so as to prevent this accident again.

I just got a Mavic 2 Pro and love it. Sorry to hear about the crash. That is my worst nightmare. This drone is amazing in terms of video quality and flyability, if there is such a term! I wish you the best on the repairs.

I just got a Mavic 2 Pro and love it. Sorry to hear about the crash. That is my worst nightmare. This drone is amazing in terms of video quality and flyability, if there is such a term! I wish you the best on the repairs.
Thank you so much and I agree. It is a thing of beauty and I love flying and the quality is amazing. This was just an accident and they happen to us all. But I'm sure we all hate it when they get 'hurt'! Best wishes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123