DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I added Dark Theme to MavicPilots (sort of) [BETA]

Yaros

Reactions
I really like dark themes for websites and apps, but unfortunately it isn't available on MavicPilots, officially that is.
Because I have made a Chrome extension to fix this. It allows you to turn on dark mode on this website.
I know there are already extensions that simulate dark mode, but they are made to work generally well on all sites, the one I made is specifically designed for MavicPilots!

If you want to download it, click here, you can also check the code on my GitHub.

This is the first Chrome extension I ever made, so don't judge it too hard, it has some bugs described in Known Issues on GitHub.
If you want to submit a bug report that is not in the known issues list, please do so on GitHub's Issue tracker, or here in replies to this thread.

Here's how the website looks with it on:

209441427-86550f1b-4b24-4922-9d5c-02af05641f3b.png

I've always wondered, why a Dark-theme, like the one on this site isn't added/available here at MavicPilots.com as a selection by user...

as, not everyone uses a Chrome browser.

• Haha
Reactions: Gagey52 and Rchawks
  • Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
Lol, not sure how to take your post LD. You are a contributing member,we just have 15 forums and all with differant color schemes.

Lol, not sure how to take your post LT.
Please take it with all the affection I can muster, I did not intend any animosity in my "tongue in cheek 'I hate you' ", that is why I added the LoLs and the amusing animated GIFs.

I am like a moth drawn to a flame when I see an interesting new web site and a branch-off of the MavicPilot is like locking me in a candy store… I want it all…

Did you notice I thank you for introducing me to the other site in my Intro New Member Posting? It's all Good and I hope you have a Great New Year!!!

Candy.gif

• Love
Reactions: dirkclod
Please take it with all the affection I can muster, I did not intend any animosity in my "tongue in cheek 'I hate you' ", that is why I added the LoLs and the amusing animated GIFs.

I am like a moth drawn to a flame when I see an interesting new web site and a branch-off of the MavicPilot is like locking me in a candy store… I want it all…

Did you notice I thank you for introducing me to the other site in my Intro New Member Posting? It's all Good and I hope you have a Great New Year!!!

View attachment 158882
You to my freind 👍👍👍

Reactions: LoudThunder
Yes I did. Did you notice I mod in 12 of our sites. They can run but can’t hide 😀

Does the site have a dark theme yet?

All these light bright colours hurt my old eyes, lol...

Paul.

Ya, my first search didn't come up with much that wasn't a drastically different theme, which I assume would not go over well here ;). I'll take another run at it.

And for Firefox too? ;)

Paul.

Ok, I carved out some time on my Saturday morning to get a beta version of the dark theme out for you all watching this thread to preview. Still having some issues with the MP logo size and header image but you can set your theme to "MP Dark Theme" in your preferences to check it out...

Ok, I carved out some time on my Saturday morning to get a beta version of the dark theme out for you all watching this thread to preview. Still having some issues with the MP logo size and header image but you can set your theme to "MP Dark Theme" in your preferences to check it out...

Looks good to me m8, nice one!

Paul.

works like a dream! Thank you

I like the Dark Theme; it is so much easier to read…

If you also want to try the Dark Theme, here is how to select it…

To find the Dark Theme…

Click on your Icon on the Top Right of the screen, on the Drop Down Menu, Click PREFERENCES, Click SETTINGS (if it did not dome up…), on the Top is STYLE, Click the Down Arrow and Select "MP Dark Theme" and Click SAVE at the bottom of the Screen…

If you do not care for this theme, perform the above actions except select "MP Default Theme" and again click SAVE and you will be back to the normal White Screen…

Reactions: clackey
👍

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000