DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can not caliblete the compass

stay away from metal , for example if you trying to calibrate on concrete driveway reinforced with steel bars , your mavic compass will going nuts o_O

At most people are alluding to, get away from anything that can interfere with magnetic fields. This includes your car, other electronics, large rocks, etc. etc. If you are trying to fly in an area with a ton of magnetic interference you are going to have problems.

At most people are alluding to, get away from anything that can interfere with magnetic fields. This includes your car, other electronics, large rocks, etc. etc. If you are trying to fly in an area with a ton of magnetic interference you are going to have problems.
add to that any electronic watch

I was never able to calibrate my Mavic Air when I took it overseas (away from the United States). Watch and no watch, no calibration. Varying ways to calibrate (nose down, nose up, AC turning on its own axle or turning it around me, away from buildings in a remote beach), always failed. Once back in the US, it calibrated on first try, with my watch on, close to the RC, etc.

Mavic Pro had no problems on exact same locations, BTW.

I was never able to calibrate my Mavic Air when I took it overseas (away from the United States). Watch and no watch, no calibration. Varying ways to calibrate (nose down, nose up, AC turning on its own axle or turning it around me, away from buildings in a remote beach), always failed. Once back in the US, it calibrated on first try, with my watch on, close to the RC, etc.

Mavic Pro had no problems on exact same locations, BTW.

Especially if both drones had issues, that very much sounds like an issue with the specific location rather than it being a drone issue or an issue simply because you were out of country. I bring my drones to Europe, Hawaii, etc. and have never experienced a compass issue - biggest thing is remembering to hit CANCEL When it asks to change WiFi settings ;)

Especially if both drones had issues, that very much sounds like an issue with the specific location rather than it being a drone issue or an issue simply because you were out of country. I bring my drones to Europe, Hawaii, etc. and have never experienced a compass issue - biggest thing is remembering to hit CANCEL When it asks to change WiFi settings ;)

Please note I mentioned: I do NOT have problems with my Mavic Pro on the same locations I have problems with my Mavic Air.

Please note I mentioned: I do NOT have problems with my Mavic Pro on the same locations I have problems with my Mavic Air.

My mistake - I misread you post. Sorry about that.

I am not sure then - maybe the MA has a more sensitive compass. Personally I've never had any calibration issues in Canada, USA, Europe, Japan, etc. but I realize that doesn't really help get to the bottom of the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato