DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I can't activate my Mavic Air1

WMFF

Reactions
I bought a brand new Mavic Air1 a few years ago just in case my original one crashed beyond repair. I am trying to activate it. It gets to the "confirm your account" screen and just freezes/sits there without ever getting a completion notice. I am using DJI Go4 on an Ipad with a WiFi link through my home router. The link is good and the internet connection is OK. I found this posting from 2018 so I did re-try the entire process about 6 or 7 times already and always get the same failure.

Jan 27, 2018

Most had the same issue with the Mavic Pro when they first received them last year. DJI servers were overwhelmed by registering and activation for days.
It wouldn’t surprise me if this is the case again.
Just keep trying and you will get thru it soon enough.

If I remember correctly and its been a few years
theres a box thats very hard to see and it needs to be checked its realy hard to find but its there and check that box and it will continue

That might make sense. Once I advance to the "confirm your account" screen and press the "activate" button, it changes from blue to grey and the iPad actually gets locked up with no way to exit. Unlike Android which has a "back" button, the iPad is all graphics so if a < icon doesn't appear there is no way to exit the screen/page. I actually have to power off and back on to solve the problem. So if there is a hidden button somewhere that would explain why I can't exit. I re-linked to my old Mavic Air so I will take a closer look next time to see if I can find a hidden icon somewhere. I am using an iPad with a 9" screen so I can't imagine not being able to see it unless it is actually hidden from view. Thanks for the tip.

I'm pretty sure its in the middle of the page, the box is close in color to the page so its very hard to see , I forgot how I found it , maybe just move the cursor around the middle of the page might make it visiable . I don't know how Ipads work

Are you sure that you’re logged on to your DJI account. I had trouble not being logged on

mavicair.JPG
The problem appears to have been that Google was rejecting the iPad's attempts to log into my gmail account. I found this by accident when I tried to use a different email account and kept getting "incorrect login name or password" errors even though all the info was correct.

A search for the apple device/google problem found the suggestion to upgrade the iPad app and there was an update listed and that fixed the problem.

Thanks to everyone who replied. By the way, prior to the upgrade, I tried to find a hidden icon/button but never found one. I even tried swiping and touching the screen all over just in case it was actually invisible - see the screen shot. When the app is working correctly the activate bar text changes as the activation process proceeds instead of just sitting there and never changing at all.

Hope this might help someone else :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne