DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I finally did it - long distance Litchi mission

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
Okay, I have done it, a mission completly based on waypoints set out in Litchi. I have to admit, it was a bit scary when the drone moved, would it return to me? Then I remembered, my chldren always would find home when they were hungry, so I guessed the MA would come back when it needed a new battery :)

To cut a long story short, it did come back after a flight of almost 3000 meters and 15:26 minutes at a battery level of 28%. Right now, I am wiating for the release of the footage by the swedisch authorities (Lantmäteriet), then I will publish the footage with some background information how I prepared etc.

Okay, I have done it, a mission completly based on waypoints set out in Litchi. I have to admit, it was a bit scary when the drone moved, would it return to me? Then I remembered, my chldren always would find home when they were hungry, so I guessed the MA would come back when it needed a new battery :)

To cut a long story short, it did come back after a flight of almost 3000 meters and 15:26 minutes at a battery level of 28%. Right now, I am wiating for the release of the footage by the swedisch authorities (Lantmäteriet), then I will publish the footage with some background information how I prepared etc.
Why are the Authorities involved in your personal photos or videos?

The long trips are usually the nail biters glad the bird came home.

Why are the Authorities involved in your personal photos or videos?
In Sweden, you have to get permission to publish dronefootage before publishing it. There are some exempts, like not filming the horizon, but when considering that when making the footage would mean, that I cannot film as I want. Upto now (getiing to my 50th permit) there has been no denials. Adding to this, that the process is pretty simple, the dataconnection to send the footage is strong (1GB takes a bit over a minut, normally) and the fact that I need some time to do the editing, it is not much of a hassle for me.

Reactions: CamFlyerCH
In Sweden, you have to get permission to publish dronefootage before publishing it. There are some exempts, like not filming the horizon, but when considering that when making the footage would mean, that I cannot film as I want. Upto now (getiing to my 50th permit) there has been no denials. Adding to this, that the process is pretty simple, the dataconnection to send the footage is strong (1GB takes a bit over a minut, normally) and the fact that I need some time to do the editing, it is not much of a hassle for me.
Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you have so much Government intrusion.

Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to hear you have so much Government intrusion.
I (and with me many Europeans) do not have a problem with regulations as long as we have the option of chalenging them in court. There are countries where you get on secret lists and are excluded from free traveling without any possibility of challenging that. Here in Sweden (where I am as a guest!), the rules are the same for every one.

We had observer with radiocontact, so there was control at all times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus