DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Flight Modes

Citizen Flier

Reactions
I just revisited the DJI Go 4 App user guide link & after clicking under Contents for Intelligent Flight Modes I was redirected to a pages of tutorials & ads. I seem to recall that the I Flight modes were previously explained in the online user guide -?
I'm primarily a stills shooter, and often have someone standing at a point of interest for scale in the images. If I can't persuade GF or anyone else to hike deep into the forest as a model, I have to resort to selfies. But nothing looks worse than an old knucklehead standing with a smart controller in his hands looking at the camera.
I have only flown manually, but wondering if Point of interest Mode with very slow Time Lapse setting could be used together to capture a series of images where I can be seen hands free like a lone hiker etc. -not an obvious drone pilot. I'm guessing those modes can be combined?
Goal: Slowly circle a point of interest snapping stills every few seconds? And of course bracketed shots would be best. Thanks for any tips on this!
(using M2P with SC)

Are you thinking of
I just revisited the DJI Go 4 App user guide link & after clicking under Contents for Intelligent Flight Modes I was redirected to a pages of tutorials & ads. I seem to recall that the I Flight modes were previously explained in the online user guide -?

Are you perhaps thinking of the Intelligent Flight Mode content in the Mavic (not DJI Go) user guide?

I'm primarily a stills shooter, and often have someone standing at a point of interest for scale in the images. If I can't persuade GF or anyone else to hike deep into the forest as a model, I have to resort to selfies. But nothing looks worse than an old knucklehead standing with a smart controller in his hands looking at the camera.
I have only flown manually, but wondering if Point of interest Mode with very slow Time Lapse setting could be used together to capture a series of images where I can be seen hands free like a lone hiker etc. -not an obvious drone pilot. I'm guessing those modes can be combined?
Goal: Slowly circle a point of interest snapping stills every few seconds? And of course bracketed shots would be best. Thanks for any tips on this!
(using M2P with SC)

Several of the IFMs (Intelligent Flight Modes) might work for you. The Mavic manual unfortunately does not get deep into the settings (much to my disappointment, it states things like "and other parameters"), so they leave it up to you to get into the menus to see what's there. Use the manual to get into the POI IFM settings page, check out the Waypoints IFM settings page (note that there are the basic Waypoint IFM, but there's also a Hyperlapse Waypoint mode that is different), then see if any of them have an ACTION parameter that has "take image" and/or "shoot video".

If DJI GO doesn't do it well enough for you, LITCHI certainly will do these things,

Chris

Reactions: Citizen Flier
I'm thinking you can maybe use the Hyperlapse mode. although this creates a video it also stores all the original snapshots. this are shots taken every two seconds then stitched together to create a video. Not positive but you may need to tell it in the settings to save the stills..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB