DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I got a new M3C and a new MP3... Unbinding and Binding Remotes

AK Vet

Reactions
I got a MP3 for my birthday in early December and then I received a M3C for Christmas. Both came with DJI RC controllers. My MP3 has been activated and bound to its remote. My understanding is that the aircraft and the the remote is pre-bound at DJI. I haven't turned on my M3C yet (waiting for SD cards). Anyway, in the end, I want to bind both aircraft to the one DJI RC controller. Since my M3C is pre-bound to its own controller from the factory, do I need to unbind it first before binding it to the other controller. I don't have Care Refresh so that won't be an issue.

having your drone bound to your remote is not the same as having the drone linked to your remote
when any drone leaves the DJI factory it is normally linked to the remote that is with the drone
as you know with the new DJI RC controller several drones can be linked to a single remote
so all you need to do ,with your new Mavic 3C is turn on your existing controller ,and go through the set up process to link it to that remote ,make sure that the remote is fully charged up as it can take a while for the process to happen ,the same with the drone have a fully charged battery in that as well
then follow the on screen procedure ,just make sure that the remote is connected to your WIFI using the pull down screen to activate it before you start,once both drones are linked to the RC in the start up screen just select the drone version you wish to fly then turn on the drone and all should be well,you could of course link both drones to each RC, so you will always have one ready if you need it

Just for a bit of more clarity.
I have seen DJI use words based on "link" and perhaps "pair" when they are talking about the control and data connection between the drone and the controller.
On the other hand Dji seem to use words based on "bind" when talking about the associations, relevant to flyaway insurance and perhaps care refresh insurance, between
a) the drone and a DJI account and
b) the drone and the controller.

And as Old Man Mavic has already noted, binding a drone and controller is not the same as linking a drone and controller

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest