DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Got my Mavic Mini Today!

Congratulations on your new acquisition. As you're seeing there is a lot "Einstein" will do.
Keep asking questions, this is a great place to help you.

Reactions: old man mavic
Just received my Mavic Mini today. I'm curious if it is for sure that I go in through the developer options to make changes (as seen on You Tube) before flying the Mini? Also ~ our home is in a Restricted (Red) Zone. I took it out of the box; charged everything up; tried to go through the GoFly software some and see how the display looked to me; to see if I could see the info; without straining my eyes ~ and behold ~ I don't think my Mini would turn on because it knew that I (we) were smack in the middle of a Restricted (Red) Zone. I think I'm going to name it Einstein.
Welcome to the fourum

It weirdly started up okay on my next try. I think Einstein was in a deep sleep.

I've just joined the forum mate and just purchased the Mavic Mini. Not opened it yet as the weather is awful and I stay in Scotland.

Interesting reading the initial issue you had with turning the Drone on. I did read somewhere that the batteries are put into sleep mode for transportation and packaging up and the "Wake them up" you should connect the charger.

I'll see how I get on when I get it out the box.

Thanks James. I look forward to flying the Mini. I'm still working on making sure my cell phone is fine tuned; so as not to have any communications problems while flying.

Hello,

Did you get the prop guards? You may have said someplace. I got the package that included the prop guards and I'm really glad I did.
I put them on last night and was flying around in my basement. I discovered very much like a boat even when you stop a particular direction of travel there will be some drift.
I managed to gently nudge the wall and a few other things.

I have a full set of decals on my Mini , so with the decals and the prop guard I got about 15 minutes of flight time on the battery. Fortunately I wasn't to far from where I needed to safely land.
I haven't weighed it now so I'm not sure how much over the 250 I am, but I have it registered so I'm not worried about that.

As I think about it I believe that the Mini like the other drones has an auto return to home on low battery.
I tried to set the return to home height really low in setting but it still far exceeds my basement ceiling height.
So you want to keep that in mind.

Happy Flying,
Ty

Hello,

Did you get the prop guards? You may have said someplace. I got the package that included the prop guards and I'm really glad I did.
I put them on last night and was flying around in my basement. I discovered very much like a boat even when you stop a particular direction of travel there will be some drift.
I managed to gently nudge the wall and a few other things.

I have a full set of decals on my Mini , so with the decals and the prop guard I got about 15 minutes of flight time on the battery. Fortunately I wasn't to far from where I needed to safely land.
I haven't weighed it now so I'm not sure how much over the 250 I am, but I have it registered so I'm not worried about that.

As I think about it I believe that the Mini like the other drones has an auto return to home on low battery.
I tried to set the return to home height really low in setting but it still far exceeds my basement ceiling height.
So you want to keep that in mind.

Happy Flying,
Ty
How do I register my drone and we’re do I go

I've just joined the forum mate and just purchased the Mavic Mini. Not opened it yet as the weather is awful and I stay in Scotland.

Interesting reading the initial issue you had with turning the Drone on. I did read somewhere that the batteries are put into sleep mode for transportation and packaging up and the "Wake them up" you should connect the charger.

I'll see how I get on when I get it out the box.
Dirkclod provided me with this link and it helped a ton:

Reactions: Stu1903
No, but FAA costs $5.00 USD.
But it is $5 well spent. I could fly in parks in my park district but I had to have my drone registered with the FAA so I could give them the registration number.
They wanted it on file, I imagine in case I went crazy in the parks and they started getting complaints

Reactions: Thomas B
With FAA or DJI?
I would register with both. I think the DJI requires it as part of the making the drone active, which starts the clock on your warranty and the window in which you can get their insurance plan on the drone.
I have linked my DJI account to Drone Data Management and Flight Analysis | Airdata UAV which provides a really nice way of tracking stats on your drone as well as share flight info.
My first flight with my other drone a Phantom 3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini