DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

i have a crazy idea but would this scare birds away?

droneuser

Reactions
I was thinking I know this works for deer BUT would it work for birds to scare them away from the mavic?

its plastic so it low weight! and it has a low profile! you MAY need both of them mounted but I am not sure for birds tho! with deer you do cause Both devices must be used to obtain the proper frequency range. but again that is for deer.!

as for spacing in-between them a reviewer said they used them on a motorcycle.

So the questions remains what frequency range does a bird hear? if they even do that is? also does the sound (frequency) change when flying higher compare to being used road level?

What is your thought?

birds_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Automot...pID=41G7qn0ooWL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Put them facing up so the airspeed off the props will operate them??? Interesting!!!

Put them facing up so the airspeed off the props will operate them??? Interesting!!!

yes!!! hum need to find more info on this

Reactions: digipix52
An Ultrasonic bird repellent is a device that uses ultrasonic audio waves to repel birds and other rodents. The audio signal is undetectable to the human ear.

But not sure what the frequency is :( it don't say in the article :( unless l miss it some where?

Bird Repellent: How to Scare Birds Away

Try it, of course it could always turn out to the the same frequency as the mating call of the great shitehawk :oops:

LOL that's funny!!! and my luck it would be!! lol lol but I am going to try to find some more info on this :)

Last edited:
Ultrasound is sound waves with frequencies higher than the upper audible limit of human hearing. Ultrasound devices operate with frequencies from 20 kHz up to several gigahertz. so just have to figure out what a deer warring whistler is I know we cant hear it...

Not sure if it’s a good idea, if you are going to disturb other wildlife or drive dogs crazy. There might be some local regulation if you happen to be in a wildlife reserve or something. If it’s a whistle, it’s going to be always on when the props are spinning.
I think maybe have a strobe light that you can trigger to turn on with front led.

Not sure if it’s a good idea, if you are going to disturb other wildlife or drive dogs crazy. There might be some local regulation if you happen to be in a wildlife reserve or something. If it’s a whistle, it’s going to be always on when the props are spinning.
I think maybe have a strobe light that you can trigger to turn on with front led.

that's the idea to keep them away :) I know what you are saying tho! :) from the info I have read those deer warning don't bother dogs per customer reviews . and the mavic being in the air I don't think to many animals will hear it

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I was thinking I know this works for deer BUT would it work for birds to scare them away from the mavic?

its plastic so it low weight! and it has a low profile! you MAY need both of them mounted but I am not sure for birds tho! with deer you do cause Both devices must be used to obtain the proper frequency range. but again that is for deer.!

as for spacing in-between them a reviewer said they used them on a motorcycle.

So the questions remains what frequency range does a bird hear? if they even do that is? also does the sound (frequency) change when flying higher compare to being used road level?

What is your thought?

View attachment 33775
AHH those don't work, my wife hit a deer a tree and another car. maybe it was just her lol

https://www.amazon.com/Bell-Automot...pID=41G7qn0ooWL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

lol it was just her! lol well from the reviews I read on the link I posted people say they work??

An Ultrasonic bird repellent is a device that uses ultrasonic audio waves to repel birds and other rodents. The audio signal is undetectable to the human ear.

But not sure what the frequency is :( it don't say in the article :( unless l miss it some where?

Bird Repellent: How to Scare Birds Away

Ultrasonics do not scare birds away, plain and simple. There are dozens of scientific studies on this that have been published for several decades now. Here's just one sample:
https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1025&context=vpc15

The only references you'll find that claim they work are from device/product manufacturers or from anecdotal, unscientific stories of people that claim they work, with little or no evidence.

Ultrasonics do not scare birds away, plain and simple. There are dozens of scientific studies on this that have been published for several decades now. Here's just one sample:
https://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1025&context=vpc15

The only references you'll find that claim they work are from device/product manufacturers or from anecdotal, unscientific stories of people that claim they work, with little or no evidence.

well that other site was wrong then :( so true on the reviews, well it was just a thought

“Hearing ranges for several bird species have been mea- sured in the laboratory by Brand and Kellogg (1939a,b) and Edwards (1943). Values ranged from 60 to 15,000 Hz (Table 1), which is well within the hearing range of man (20 to 20,000 Hz; Spear 1966) and below ultrasonic frequencies”

Pretty much the tweeting we ourselves hear daily then . . .

Still think it’s worth a try, it’ll keep the deer away anyway . . .

You need bird chaff. It’ll buy some time for you to get away. Lol

Ultrasound is sound waves with frequencies higher than the upper audible limit of human hearing. Ultrasound devices operate with frequencies from 20 kHz up to several gigahertz. so just have to figure out what a deer warring whistler is I know we cant hear it...
I figure it to be similar to people probably. My abused ears stop at around 18 and I believe most others around 26.
I just thought up a firecracker holder with a sticky tow line and NON barbed fish hook (for safety to the bird and peace of mind to bird lovers), so when the bird hits the line it tears it AND the bird friendly firecracker out of the "auto striker", and if you are quick you can go into a hover, grab a beer take a break and watch the antics.
The fish hook will no doubt be of some use to the bird while it recovers from a temporary loss of hearing and possibly some plumage loss, at the least it will have a different opnion of drones for a bit, eh?
PJ.

Last edited:
They market them here as 'Shoo Roos'. Controlled testing and anecdotal evidence shows that they have zero effect on kangaroo behavior.
As for birds the only sound I've seen to definitely scare them is from a 12 gauge shotgun, but it might be difficult to fit one of those to a Mavic.

They market them here as 'Shoo Roos'. Controlled testing and anecdotal evidence shows that they have zero effect on kangaroo behavior.
As for birds the only sound I've seen to definitely scare them is from a 12 gauge shotgun, but it might be difficult to fit one of those to a Mavic.

lol can just record the sound and just have it play when you start to fly..lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum