DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have to calibrate every flight.

JoshuaCarlton

Reactions
The Mavic Air is the only drone that has asked me to calibrate the compass every flight, (about 6) Different locations including a large field with no obvious signs of interference. Are you guys experiencing this as well?

The Mavic Air is the only drone that has asked me to calibrate the compass every flight, (about 6) Different locations including a large field with no obvious signs of interference. Are you guys experiencing this as well?

I have as well. It seems to need to be calibrated way more than the Mavic Pro did.

I am waiting on delivery of my Air so I will let you know if it’s the same, has there been a recent software or firmware update for the Air?

Calibrated mine before the first flight and it’s been perfect for the first 15 flights. (& I always check the IMU & compass sensors before each days flights)

Aye, there has. We'll likely see a series of updates as bugs are worked out and new features added. I've noticed that the compass seems to be sensitive to all metals, not just ferrous metals. Aluminum, for instance, is inherently non-magnetic, but the compass refuses to stabilize in the presence of aluminum objects.

I had to do it twice yesterday in a short period of time.

Seems to occasionally give bogus errors. Once it did tell me about compass error (which could have been correct, had the arms folded) but it didn't disappear once the arms were unfolded, even if the "sensors" tab showed a short green bar i.e. was supposed to be OK. Rebooted and no more warning.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicorll